Windmills

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi folks!
I'm working with wind generators at present and this is what the hillside looks like from the parking lot.

Wmills.sized.jpg

ah yes, those bid looking things. they be cool. i agree about the cars and other stuff in teh way. bu of course at that distance you can't control that.

any chance you can get closer and get some mor interesting shots with those guys?

This was a first go at showing quantity more than anything, the whole hillside for over 160 degrees has bunches of these things on them.
I'd really like to get higher with a wide angle but that's not really possible. Maybe I can work something out eventually.
I've attached another shot taken at the same time, it's looking about 90 degrees clockwise from the one above and just for reference, the tower height on the large one in the middle is 65 metres (over 200 feet) from ground to hub center.
BTW, there's always a haze in the air from the dust blowing but then why put windmills where there ain't no wind?
1_5mill.sized.jpg

Sorry Grimmett, I forgot to answer your question.
They're actually putting power into the grid so I guess we're all sharing it.

mrsid99 said:
Sorry Grimmett, I forgot to answer your question.
They're actually putting power into the grid so I guess we're all sharing it.

Sharing is caring. Isn't that what Barney says? Anyway, I like this second shot better, but it would be cool if you took it when the light was hitting the front of the windmills. They would really stand out more. Not a critisism, (cause I like the pics) just an idea that might help the photo pop a little more.

Hi again Grimmett,
Guess why I only posted the first pic originally?
It's because of the sun angle, I took them both one morning as I arrived for work and as I mentioned the second one was at 90 degrees to the first.
It's also worth noting that those generators are some distance away which is why I mentioned the height of the larger one.
I'll take the camera in again next week and see if I can get some better shots during the day and if they look OK I'll post them.

Most reactions

Back