Window Light

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After buying strobes and softboxes and ring flashes, nothing is quite like window light.

marge.jpg

Digital Matt said:
After buying strobes and softboxes and ring flashes, nothing is quite like window light.
Agreed :thumbup:

I like this.
And of course...Marge looks as beautiful as ever.

yep both the capture and model are beautiful.... great shot matt :thumbup:

Completely agree, window light just can't be reproduced. Beautiful subject and photo, Matt!

Beautiful.
And I'm right there with you on the window light.
Have you thought of a square crop keeping the right side as is? The heavy dark on the left feels a little unbalanced to me. I don't think her ear is enough detail to warrant keeping, and it draws my gaze away from her eyes.

Thank you everyone. Mark, I can see a fair bit of hair detail as well on my monitor. I don't know who's monitor is correct. I would have cropped it had there only been a tiny bit of detail.

I'm running at Gamma 1.8, which will make a difference if you are at 2.2, but even when I pull it into PS and boost the curves, I see that there isn't much detail there. I can see some as it is, but even if there were more, I think it would just add to the distraction.

I'm mainly going with paying attention to where my eye goes, not a formula or anything. I do notice that her close eye is right in the middle and she's facing out of frame, which might explain some of why I have a hard time keeping my eye on hers.

I think it's a great shot, so I'm not shooting it down. I'm just thinking of what would make it work a little better for me personally.

Thank you emogirl.

Mark, I totally see your point. In fact, I debated over cropping more off the left for quite some time, and I just settled on this, I guess just for personal taste, and also because this is an 8x10 crop. I see the in focus eye being in the center, but for portraits, it doesn't always bother me. The crop on the left just felt too tight for me. I'll post one cropped too so we can all debate it. Thanks for your input.

marge_cropped.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back