"" WINDOW LIGHT"

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok this shot was set up in a kitchen sink .. ( Quite a studio lol ) anyway believe most homes have a window in kitchen above sink for lighting??

Used a Green paper folder, to give the background the effect of being outside... cut a couple Daffys, and couple leaves ( effect ) and set flower stem and leaves on canister in the sink, weighted down with my favorite coffee cup... misted and shot away....

window lighting ideal for this,, plus , laugh or not, stainless steel sinks are also great light reflectors.....

on the second shot, I moved a flashlight around in motion, to give a filtered light look to the green, trying to make it more outside looking...

first shot , window light...

flower3.jpg

this shot/ window light and flashlight moving on background

flower2yes.jpg

Nice shots and nice technique.
I love window lighting but have never tried the kitchen sink approach before. May have to give it a go.
Plymouth uni have just finished building their brand new arts faculty ready for September, and we have the only daylight studio in higher education in the UK!! And it has fully positional blackout blinds with two complete glass walls so you can get the light from absolutely any angle, and any intensity. I want the new academic year to start just so I can get in there!! :D

neogfx.... that sounds so cool, and what a great learning tool thought by the school... GREAT for them to do that, !!!

window lighting a great learning tool for macro/ or photography in general, gives stills a nice subtle look... now in your kitchen sink studio lol,, you can also use tin foil for reflectors.. lol...

Most reactions

Back