Windowlight Self-Portrait

nomotiv4all

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i would like some comments , advice etc. on this shot. Be brutal if need be. thankx

WindowLight_4.jpg

Interesting angle, handsome model, and certainly better lighting than mine when I tried to do the same with light from the window only. One half of my face stayed all dark, second eye hardly to be seen. So this is better!

Very nice Rembrandt lighting technique. You'll see this same dramatic lighting in any movie or Tv program when the camera zooms in on a headshot.

But for others who are not really impressed with lighting techniques, the lighting may not be enough to save the picture from it's extranious elements.

The pose is great. The model is pleasant to view

I like this one. Like Lafoto was saying, it's easy to get one's face blown out from window light, so this is a nice exposure. The angle adds an element of interest. *Maybe* a slight crop from the top, there is some clutter, but for a casual portrait, it's fine.

Nice job! :D

I agree, the top needs to be croped a bit. The back ground is kind of busy, but its not too bad. And nice job on the exposure. Could have used a little bit of a reflector (white piece of card board) to light up the dark side of your face just a TINY bit.

Thanks alot , "cropping" , duely noted , i will crop at once.

"Very nice Rembrandt lighting technique."

Thankyou it was my first attempt at rembrandt lighting. since i have some studio time coming up june 16th i was practicing some lighting teqneques(sp?). Subject is me btw (selfportrait)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back