voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This security threat affects Windows 2000, NT, and XP and has recently been the subject of a security bulletin released by Microsoft. It is a vulnerability in a Windows Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) Remote Procedure Call (RPC) interface which allows an attacker to gain full access and execute any code on a target machine, leaving it compromised.

There is a new virus that exploits this flaw. Download the patch NOW! before you are unable to. It will cause your computer to shut down before you are able to get the patch on.

http://microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

Yeah, it hit me last night once. Then as I was installing the patch, hit me again.

then I got a ton of calls from students with the same problem. A few were unable to download the patch before it kicked in and restarted their computer.

If i remember right you can log in and then bring up task manager and kill msblast.exe. There is the service Reset 5 in the Service control panel too, if you can get to it in time. Of course you need to edit the registery to stop if from loading on Windows start, and disable Reset 5 Service. That should get you time to apply the patch.

Atleast that is the names it is using for right now. Just wait till the 15th when the DDOS on windowsupdate.microsoft.com starts.

The worm contains the following text, which is never displayed:

I just want to say LOVE YOU SAN!!
billy gates why do you make this possible ? Stop making money and fix your software!!

:shock:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back