Windows 7 and Photoshop Lightroom

I am looking at taking some digital classes this year and my old laptop is not up to it,so will have to buy a new one.I know that Mac is better with photoshop lightroom but mac's are double the cost,so has any body here used photoshop with windows 7

Lightroom works fine on my sub-standard Windows 7 PC. Seriously what do you need it to do that it supposedly performs better on a MAC than on a PC? The two platforms should be identical.

I was talking to some of the folks at the Rocky Mountain School Of Photography where I am looking into taking classes,and they are all mac people,but it kind of looks like the ford--chevy thing.Thanks for the info

That's pretty much it. Ford/Chevy, Nikon/Canon, Mac/Windows. To the person who said that LR runs better on their Macbook than their highish end Windows machine, LR runs better on my almost 2 year old Windows 7 machine than my friends brand new (as in, just got it a couple days ago) quad core iMac. Anecdotal evidence is not proof.

If you prefer Mac, stick with Mac. If you prefer Windows, stick with Windows. Anyone who tells you that a Mac is what photographers should be using because it runs graphics programs better is either lying (to justify the expense) or doesn't know any better.

Most reactions

Back