Windows XP Problem

digitalrightnow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a new problem with Windows XP(this is the operating system that I am using) I turned off all the programs in MSCONFIG, that's all the programs in the startup option, and when I rebooted my PC my desktop looked more like Windows 95, I am concerned that this is going to cause serious problems. Perhaps, even crash my system. I did this in order to run a video editing program more smoothly. Now I am quite concerned for my PC. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Or direct me to a discussion forum where someone will have the answer?

lol u turned off some theme files. ur not sposda uncheck everything in msconfig, go back and check everthing, dont uncheck ne thing unless u know what it does haha

Try what Joey suggested but if that doesn't work system restore should work.

Ok, rechecking everything did not seem to work, how do I use system restore? If I use that will I lose my media software?

I'm not sure if it includes programs, but the process is completely reversible anyway so if it deletes it, just undo it.

Go to All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Restore and then choose a restore point. Very simple.

Try what Joey said, but in English, not 14 year old AOL speak.

(had to say it)

System restore is in the accessories folder of the start menu. It's easy to use once it's open. Hopefully it'll work for you.

I've tried system restore and it does not seem to work. Is there anything else that you can think of? I am really afraid my PC is going to crash. What else can you recomend? I also have this windows XP service pack on CDROM which I purchased to make sure I don't lose movie maker. Do you think this could possibly work?

Try what Joey said, but in English, not 14 year old AOL speak.

(had to say it)

I can translate most of the things that are said there and do also see how it saves time by having to type less characters when you're texting but I've never understood "ne thing". There are the same number of characters there as if you were to type it right. I mean, it may even take longer that way for all I know..

:eek:ldman:

I was able to fix the issue through my display properties in control panel, but I would like to thank you all for your help.

So you changed the display properties from the start...

Fantastic. Hehe.

:lol:

first thing I ever do with a XP system is to make it look like 95, just hate the look of XP

Most reactions

Back