Wine shall light the way

xiangji

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First time I tried this lol. Anyone else into colour popping?? I don't know what it's called???

colourpop.jpg

Lots of comments please!!! =D cheers

I'm not usually a fan of this, but I think it looks pretty good here.

I don't know what it's called???

I think most people call it selective color, or something very close to that.

I never really thought of trying it until tonight. Was digging through sme photos and the wine just popped out in the shot so I tried making it pop out even more lol.

First time I tried this lol. Anyone else into colour popping?? I don't know what it's called???

colourpop.jpg

Lots of comments please!!! =D cheers

Yeah I've done some like that too, I have a thread somewhere.

I have done it once but I am not sure up to an extent. I never really thought of trying it.

Feel free to post your own examples :thumbup:

I used it a little here. The camera I was using has the color selection feature, I had selected the horses sorrel coloring, and made the selection very strict... so it only took the parts highlighted in the sun, and not the darker parts in shadows.
Dixie2.jpg

Last edited:
The ducks feet look a bit... lol uum fake? :lmao: not rendered too well.

Got any more?

I'm gonna have to have another go

Yeh not bad...I don't like the crop though lol...

nice one:thumbup:

Hey Once i tried this with my friends but i don't like that taste ...so I never thought of trying it....

I think, this way of "colour popping" is called "selective colouring", and I've tried it, too, once I knew how to actually do it, and I still have some photos somewhere in the archives that were treated accordingly, just for fun, but for most of the time I don't like it too much. But your photo of the red red wine is quite a nice example for it.

im love selective coloring. i use it alot when i want something in my pictures to just pop out. here are some i did. plus it makes pictures more interseting sometimes. =]

245.jpg
136copy.jpg
DSC01438hjjh.jpg
0392.jpg

176jj.jpg
IMG_4379tyyuy.jpg

is it just adding the colored layer (the selected object) ontop of the desaturated whole?

I really like it, but the color looks more like koolaid. Maybe its just the lighting being put through the wine, but it looks a little too light for it to be a red wine.

Steve

Most reactions

Back