Winning wildlife photo taken in subway

I cannot see the image when I click on to your link, sorry

I love watching mice fight.
They box with fists....
Its cute as hell, but Im sure not for the mice..

I loved that shot!

"You stinkin' bloke! That's my bloody bacon butty crumb!!!"

Yep - good shot. And not just a lucky shot, spending hours lying on the floor in the Underground to get the shot is serious dedication to his art.

This just doesn't seem like 'wildlife' to me... there may be some 'wild' life happening in the subway, I don't know... But these are - mice. I mean, not exactly out in the wild... (Well then again, how wild it may be in a subway in a city I don't know! lol)

It is an interesting photo, and on the photographer's website there are a couple more of a mouse underground (or two or more, don't know how many different mice he was watching and photographing). So certainly it took some hanging around in a subway and watching and waiting and a good bit of persistence til these mice did something interesting or unusual. So it is a right time - right place kind of photo.

But shooting sports you do this all the time, watching and waiting til something photo worthy happens, and sometimes you luck into getting a particularly interesting moment. Maybe that's why to me it isn't that phenomenal; it is but yet it isn't. I suppose if you spend enough time watching critters (or hockey players in my case), they'll eventually do something unique or interesting.

I guess a camera equipment manufacturer can hold a contest and call it what they will, and people choosing a people's choice will choose whatever captures their fancy. I think this photographer has better photos from a photography/composition standpoint on his website.

Most reactions

Back