WINOS.....Taste Testing inside!!

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey after our little wine talk last night I thought it would be cool if everyone named their favorite wine. I'm always looking to try new stuff!!

We enjoy Bogle wines.
Priced between $11-$17
Their Merlot is awesome w/ a steak!!!:thumbup:

I don't have a favorite brand, mostly because I make my own a lot of the time but I love a red zinfandel :)

My favorite wine is definitely whatever it is that my wife is drinking that night.

Also pairs nicely with a steak...

My favorite wine is definitely whatever it is that my wife is drinking that night.

Also pairs nicely with a steak...

I agree. What's better than a steak, wine and a scented candle? You just made yourself a dinner :)

I just have to laugh at the "brand" thing...

Wines do not come by brands to choose from. First there are grape types, then there are regions they grow in, ...

I fooking hate wine. Wine lovers make a religion out of it and I fooking hate it. Then you have the other kind of wine lovers, the ones that drink it because it is in, and they bug me even more.

I hate wine.

The only wine I drink is champagne and I could write you a book about it because I love the darn thing. But I won't. There are enough of them as it is.

Rodney Strong Cabernet

La Crema Chardonnay, and when I'm feeling rich

Chateauneuf Du Pape, Domaine Du Pegau (2004) - about $240 per bottle, if you can find it.

You won't find a better red wine to go with steak than that 2004 Chateauneuf Du Pape.

So far....

Vinaria Bostavan Black Doktor (from Moldova)
~$8-10/bottle
It is a blend of Cabernet, Merlot and Saperavi grapes and has just a very light sweetness and dryness to it. For me it is the happy medium between wet/dry and sweet/bitter.

Upstate NY Fulkerson Winery's Red Zeppelin-not to be confused with the Red Zeppelin Winery in CA.
Western NY Noble Winery Bear Bramble Blush
Western NY Johnson Estate Liebstropfchen (Love Drops), Grapeagranat,
Ontario Canada-Hernder Vineyards ICE WINE!!! Black Currant, Iced Strawberry, Vidal
NY Hudson Valley-Happy B1tch winery Happy B1tch Rose

Most of which are pretty cheap and NONE of which are expensive. Well, Ice Wine will run you about $50 a glass-those bottles are LITTLE!!! LOL!

I just have to laugh at the "brand" thing...

Wines do not come by brands to choose from. First there are grape types, then there are regions they grow in, ...

I fooking hate wine. Wine lovers make a religion out of it and I fooking hate it. Then you have the other kind of wine lovers, the ones that drink it because it is in, and they bug me even more.

I hate wine.

The only wine I drink is champagne and I could write you a book about it because I love the darn thing. But I won't. There are enough of them as it is.
Grumpy old man!!! lol
I love champagne!!! Unfortunately, the ones I like are a little out of my price range to drink often......=(
E-mail me and give me some champagnes to try!!

Are you chewing gum?!

6841861851_8cd2012784.jpg
[/URL] Chewing Gum by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]

:clap::clap::clap: :smileys:

I'm not sure if you can get many BC wines where you are but a couple I enjoy from Cali that are in the price range in Canada are:

Ravenswood - Zinfandel (this is the Red that got my wife to finally start enjoying reds)

Apothic Red - Winemaker's Blend

If you see any Road 13 from Oliver, BC, the Honest John's Red is a great value as is the Rockpile (about $24 here)

We discovered something we like in the state store over here, an Italian winery called Bella Sera. We've had their Cabernet, Merlot and Pinot Grigio and all were very nice, for about $10-11 a bottle.

Specific bottle? Allegrini Pallazo Della Torre is probably still my all time favorite, haven't had it in years though. Generally? I've been drinking a lot of malbec lately and pinot noir. For white I always go for New Zealand sauvignon blanc. Well when I'm not being cheap. Usually I buy crap, I have no shame!

I choose wine purely based on the Graphic Design of the label. Taste comes second.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back