Winter bird shots

DLeeT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got around to going through some of the shots taken this winter. Thanks for viewing. Lee

$DSC09228.jpg

$DSC09601.jpg

$DSC01475.jpg

Grackles aren't the prettiest bird -- but their eyes....

$DSC02864.jpg

$DSC02061.jpg

Included the shot below because it was taken with an old Canon FD 75-200 zoom that I paid 40 USD for. These lenses
are pretty much shunned, but they are great for those wishing to dip their toe in the waters of "critter shooting" for very little money.

$DSC03590a.jpg

I only included this last one to encourage folks to feed the birds in bitter weather. They literally live from day to day
-- if they don't get enough food during the day, they can't make it through the night which was the probable fate of this poor Warbler.

$DSC07928.JPG

Last edited:
Great photos! Especially the cardinal and falling snow.

Those Grackle can clean out my woodpecker suet in an hour :madmad:

Nice cardinal :thumbup:

Lol that cardinal looks as sick of winter as the rest of us.

Agreed that the Cardinal is a winner. Grackles are underrated me thinks. Some of the best eyes.

I agree. Grackles are actually cool looking birds. Their eyes are crazy and love their iridescent feathers. Colors can look pretty wild when the light hits them right. We get them by the thousands here though so they can be kinda pesky.

Gorgeous - the cardinal especially! You're an inspiration. :)

Nice set. Sad about the warbler.

Thanks Everyone! I thought the Cardinal was the pick of the lot. And the Grackle got some good press too. ;)

Most reactions

Back