Winter boardwalk sunrise - lots of pics

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read that they will be updating this boardwalk soon to make it more accessible. Wider, full railings, ramps...that's great but probably won't be as pleasing to photograph. I've been here before to shoot milky way and night sky stuff but not for sunrise. I had the place all to myself for most of the morning until the clammers in the last photo showed up. It was a very chilly 17 degrees so I was surprised to see them in the water. I'm a bit all over the place with the lighting and processing on these so they're not really a set - I do think they can each stand on their own but didn't want to spam the forum with a bunch of threads in one day. Feedback and critique always welcome.

Boardwalk sunrise by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Clammin by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Very nice! #5 for me :)

SunRISE... I haven't seen one in so long I didn't realize they were still happening! ;)

Very nice! #5 for me :)

SunRISE... I haven't seen one in so long I didn't realize they were still happening! ;)
Thanks very much. I highly recommend you give it a try! I have never regretted getting up and out to shoot a sunrise. Even when it's a dud it still ends up being a great start to the day. This morning when I got in my car at 4:30am I saw a text from my friend/shooting buddy that she woke up with a sore throat and was not going to join me. I very briefly debated going back inside to my warm bed but since I was already out the door I just went on my own. I'm so glad I didn't see her text before leaving the house!

I like #4, and they look like a fine set to me
Thanks Rick!

Some lovely skies.......
Thank you Jeff. These are basically posted in order of when I shot them - about 90 minutes from the first to the last I'd say. The sky really changed a lot over that hour. I stayed there for a bit after the sun came up shooting just the sky to use in other photos when I'm not as lucky.

Very nice set!

#2, #$, and #7 but all are lovely. Great job Squarepeg.

I read that they will be updating this boardwalk soon to make it more accessible. Wider, full railings, ramps...that's great but probably won't be as pleasing to photograph. I've been here before to shoot milky way and night sky stuff but not for sunrise. I had the place all to myself for most of the morning until the clammers in the last photo showed up. It was a very chilly 17 degrees so I was surprised to see them in the water. I'm a bit all over the place with the lighting and processing on these so they're not really a set - I do think they can each stand on their own but didn't want to spam the forum with a bunch of threads in one day. Feedback and critique always welcome.

Clammin by SharonCat..., on Flickr
Squarepeg

Great set! Was the first one a long exposure?

Nice shots. #2 for me.

I would have made it a point to get the clammers in more of the shots. The boardwalk and skies are interesting but.........

Most reactions

Back