winter fairy in july

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The images are fine, but I'm not 100% convinced that the light/white background was the best choice; the light colour of the costume is being lost to a certain extent. Perhaps a complimentary jewel tone?

The images are fine, but I'm not 100% convinced that the light/white background was the best choice; the light colour of the costume is being lost to a certain extent. Perhaps a complimentary jewel tone?

I definitely agree. In some it was a white blanket hung in front of closet doors and others just the closet doors themselves. I didn't have much anything else to use. ;\

I agree... first thing I noticed was the wings are basically invisible in most of the shots. The dress blends in also... theses needed some serious background separation.

I definitely agree. In some it was a white blanket hung in front of closet doors and others just the closet doors themselves. I didn't have much anything else to use. ;\
Gel a background light? Heck even a coloured plastic water "glass" will do the trick.

Cute little girl here. I think the highlights need to come down. Her wings blend into the background on #1, cant see what she is doing on the wall #2, Can't tell what she is looking at in #4. Might like to see her looking a bit more towards camera left so there is some white on both sides of her iris. Cute though

l

Gel a background light? Heck even a coloured plastic water "glass" will do the trick.

Yes this would be ideal. lol I'd like to turn our spare bedroom into a mini studio but today proved it may be too small of a space. I was back up against the wall and still having a hard time getting all of her in a shot with my 50. ;\

very cute shots but I have to agree the wings have completely disappeared into the background which is a shame

Good, consistent color on the skintones! Each frame almost identical in density and contrast. The lighting has a light-and-crisp feeling to it. Maybe you could add some diffusion to the images and a very subtle vignetting, to make the ends of the wings DARKER, and thus mentally kind of fill-in the lack of subject/background separation? I just pulled an image into Lightroom...pretty tough to get the vignette to "improve" these. I did however see the closet doors in the background once I darkened the background, so you did a GREAT job of making those closet door squares basically "disappear" in the final images. Overall, I think the effect, the overall "feeling" you managed to create is pretty danged good considering the ad hoc nature of the "set"! Again, people judge family pics based on emotional attachment to the subject, so she's at that ager, and the costume is super-cute, and she's really cute, so her parents will swoon over these I think, since they pass the basic level of quality these days. Yes, a better foreground/background separation would have been nice, but then you'd also need a smooth wall to work in front of, and so o . ALl things considered, good job on the processing of these to maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknesses.

Agree with above comments. Also in #2 the metal cage does not flow with the set.

she was freeing the forest animal. lol

Ahhh I see. Well maybe next time paint it white. And you can get those realistic looking fake birds at michaels. These really are cute, I'm sure the parents will love them.

Agree with above comments. Also in #2 the metal cage does not flow with the set.

she was freeing the forest animal. lol

Ahhh I see. Well maybe next time paint it white. And you can get those realistic looking fake birds at michaels. These really are cute, I'm sure the parents will love them.

lol.. it was a total impromptu thing. I had the wire cage thing just in the room and she was like whats this for? and then mom was like do you have a stuffed bunny or something?? and our best option was that white bear.. and all the sudden we were freeing a forest animal!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back