Winter in Toronto, Canada - My shots.

DLL_4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.studio409.ca
2 days ago I went to Toronto to take some winter photos of pretty much the whole city... It was fun, and every cold.. I took 160 photos but only 46 of them turned out "ok". It was also very windy 2 days ago so even when using my tripod most of the photos still turned out blurry/uncleer...

First on my way to Toronto, we pass by the Yellowpages Building in Scarborough (a district in Toronto)
1.jpg

Bridge; I have no idea what the name of it is.. and i cant seem to find it anywhere on the internet...
2.jpg

Bloor Street Viaduct:
3.jpg

Toronto Skyline at 15:45 (3:45pm)
4.jpg

Again:
5.jpg

York Street:
6.jpg

University Street:
7.jpg

Sun Life Centre East Tower:
8.jpg

Again:
9.jpg

10.jpg

Eaton Center:
11.jpg

Some weird looking Mercedes:
12.jpg

Cadillac Fairview Tower:
13.jpg

The Old City Hall:
14.jpg

Inside Eaton Center:
15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

"The 250" Tower
19.jpg

Bay Street:
20.jpg

21.jpg

Some cool moving figures they had displayed in the windows on Yonge Street:
22.jpg

Yonge Street:
23.jpg

"The 250" Tower
24.jpg

Yonge Street again:
25.jpg

Yonge & Dundass Square:
26.jpg

Again:
27.jpg

And again:
28.jpg

29.jpg

Modern lowrise under construction:
30.jpg

31.jpg

Bay Street:
32.jpg

Nathan Phillips Square:
33.jpg

The new city hall @ Nathan Phillips Square in the evening:
34.jpg

The new city hall @ Nathan Phillips Square at night:
35.jpg

... in the evening:
36.jpg

... at night:
37.jpg

... in the evening:
38.jpg

... at night:
39.jpg

The "big" X-mas tree on Nathan Phillips Square... not that nice IMO, and not that big either:
40.jpg

Again...
41.jpg

Nathan Phillip Square:
42.jpg

Reindeer by NPS, in the evening:
43.jpg

Reindeer by NPS, at night:
44.jpg

Toronto skyline at night:
45.jpg

Toronto skyline at night:
46.jpg

That's it... I would of had more to show, but like i said earlier most of my photos were ruined :(

beer.gif

Great shots. Now you make me want to go downtown and do some shooting. Why does winter have to be so freakin cold? It has been a long time since I have done any time exposures and maybe I'm due. Especially since all the Christmas lights are on.

Eric

Nice series, but there's too many to comment on, especially since they're not numbered.
It seems like almost every picture is tilted to the right (a couple to the left)? If you look at the buildings, trees, poles, anything on the left of the shot, it leans into the right.

nice series.
my fav is 'yonge street'.
impressive looking mall.

Ya got some pretty cool shots. Now I feel like going downtown too. The one that made me laugh was the street sign pic. How true eh?
Very cool . It was like a virtual tour of Toronna.

i have no idea what i would do in a city that huge.... its massive....how in the world do you say hidy to everyone???? :er:

great shots, and makes me wanna see it in person....especially the malls and shops.... but no joking.. its huge....

do you ever run into people you know there?? i mean, do you ever stumble across your neighbor, or family in a place that big????:mrgreen:

beautiful color in your shots, too!

aprilraven said:
i have no idea what i would do in a city that huge.... its massive....how in the world do you say hidy to everyone???? :er:
you don't ;) Everyone just ignores everyone and keeps to their own business pretty much.. :)

aprilraven said:
great shots, and makes me wanna see it in person....especially the malls and shops.... but no joking.. its huge....
Yeah its pretty big.. i'd really like to visit New York City though :D That's atleast 5 times bigger than Toronto.. :D

aprilraven said:
do you ever run into people you know there?? i mean, do you ever stumble across your neighbor, or family in a place that big????:mrgreen:
I've never met anyone i knew there.. ever.. and i've lived in quite a few different cities outside (but close) to Toronto.

aprilraven said:
beautiful color in your shots, too!

3.jpg

I take this train everyday.

Nice seeing the city through someone else eyes.

I'll also be visiting that mall later today. This is why I want a bloody digi cam damnit!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back