Winter Scenes

nannabug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
snowycreek2.jpg

298a.jpg

295a.jpg

Nannabug, those are lovely! Here in Auckland we would never get a winter wonderland - thats exactly what those photos are!

I love the the shadow play in the first and seconds pictures. What's buried beneathed the humps in the snow on the last - is that just the way the wind blew the snow between the trees?

cool stuff :)

one thing, it could just be me but the branches look like they might be just a tad over sharpened or might be something lost in the scan :scratch: nonetheless, those shots are excellent.

by the way, you live in a beautiful part of the world!

Thank you, vonnagy. There is only snow in the 'humps' you see. That is the way the wind sculpted the snow. I live on the eastern side of Montana, which many describe as the 'ugly' part of Montana. The western side is where mountains are found. But I think the plains have a beauty all their own. I agree with your assessment on the last photo. I always seem to lose quality when I downsize my photos. Trying to sharpen them only seems to make it worse. Had to share my 'cool' pictures after seeing the warm, tropical-looking pictures of your beautiful surroundings. :)

Lovely shots nannabug! And while you may live in eastern Montana, at least you didn't name any of the towns there Butt, er... Butte! :lol

What beautiful images. I like all of them, but I think the first one has a postcard quality to it - looks like it could be a Currier & Ives print! Very nicely done. :D

lol @ Jim! Butte, Montana is certainly no beaut. Now how the heck did you know about Butte?! ;) That's quite a ways west of my place.

Thanks, graigdavis. That second photo has been quite popular with friends and family. I've printed off several copies of that one.

Thank you, also, terri. That little creek is on the east border of our property. The ducks like visiting there in the spring and summer. :)

nannabug- my folks delivered phone book there several years ago and were... let's say, less than impressed with the glory that is Butte, MT. :shock:

I did get to spend a day in Billings once. Flying in was entertaining, especially looking out the window and crossing the rim. Whoa! Talk about "in your face" when you weren't expecting it! :lol:

Ah, yes... the rimrocks. They encircle one side of the town. It is quite a sight to drive up the rims and look down over the town on a starlit night.
I agree with your parents' assessment of Butte. It's essentially an 'ugly' mining town, but it does have an interesting history, with an Irish influence.

Most reactions

Back