Winter storm

perylousdemon

TPF owns my soul...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We finally got our first real storm this winter. Four inches of snow and about a quarter-inch of ice. Certainly took it long enough. Anyway, here are some shots I took. Tell me what you think. :)

1) Some pine needles coated in ice.

390419454_fbb3afc7a5_o.jpg

2) Aztec grass, I think. This is one of my personal favorites. ^^;
390419456_5e347ea717_o.jpg

3) Pinecone with a layer of ice.
390419458_051705036b_o.jpg

4) Sumac berries.
390419461_1143c2619d_o.jpg

5) Just look what the plow did!
390419463_e2ec47b3c2_o.jpg

And I've got a few more on the way.

I like #2 a lot. Ice looks awesome on trees and grass like that - makes for some really interesting scenery and photography. But around where I live it usually knocks the power out because there's just as much ice on the power lines..then they start falling and breaking. Fun stuff!

I like #2 a lot. Ice looks awesome on trees and grass like that - makes for some really interesting scenery and photography. But around where I live it usually knocks the power out because there's just as much ice on the power lines..then they start falling and breaking. Fun stuff!

Yikes! Luckily, we didn't get that much ice. Just enough to make things look pretty. Thank you for commenting. :)

looks great...we got about 10" of snow here in ohio and olny a little ice not as much as you guys

I really like the pine needles and the sumac (is it a sumac, really?), i.e the first and the last here, best of the series. Wow. So much ice!!

I really like the pine needles and the sumac (is it a sumac, really?), i.e the first and the last here, best of the series. Wow. So much ice!!

Thanks! :) Yes, it is sumac. The spire of berries was just falling apart. Poor tree. :|

Most reactions

Back