Winter Sunrise Portland Maine

Crazymainer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here are afew shots of Sunrise at Portland Headlight.

I used a EOS-1N with Ilford XP-2 400 a Canon 80-200 with a Polor the F-stop was 4.5 shutter speed 1.125.

Kn001005.jpg
[/img]

Last shot, the clouds are really Ice clouds. The outside temp. when we started was -37 without the wind-chile factor that in and it was -42. Here in Maine we call the effect Sea Smoke or Ice Smoke.

Kn001018.jpg

I look forward in hearing what you all think

Cheers[/img]

hmm yest, colors are very dark and it makes it look strange but original

Hi All,

I think I should have taken off my Polor Filter it might have helped with the color contrast.

All and All considering the weather conditions I think I got some good shots.

Thansk CrazyMainer

I like the first one, tho, you're right, I think a little more contrast would help. The second one I think needs cropped down a bit off of both the bottom and the top. Too much dead space. Nice pictures, tho. They are really ICE clouds???

hey crazymainer nice shots..i know these images all too well...what part of maine r u from???

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words,

I live and work right here in downtown Portland Me.

The third shot is of the outer channal marker leaving the South Entrance of the Harbor, the floating object is the Marker its self, there is a bell that rings.

Yes they are Ice Clouds it only happens when the weather is below -20 the warm air off the Ocean causes this effect it only happen once and awhile.

Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back