Winter sunset

Menace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this pic while driving over to my Girlfriends house Sometime at the end of this winter. I was driving past Stumpy Lake, and i got to a break in the treesm and noticed the the way the sunset looked. I just had to stop and snap a few pics. Out of all of them this seems to be the best. It seemed to catch the mood the best. Im also pretty sure it was the last pic i took. Anyways let me know what you guys think. The only thing edited was the size, and i added a white border with my name. This was taken with my Sony 3.2 digi.

SunsetRev.jpg

I agree with the rotation, and maybe a slight crop on the top. there seems to me to be a bit to much dead space here, since the main subject is in the bottom half of the picture.

I agree with the rotation as well, how would he go about doing that-- in an art program like Photoshop or PSP?

As for cropping the top, his focus was actually more intended on the swirls in the sky so taking away from it more wouldn't be a good idea IMO. Maybe a slight crop to the bottom instead? :)

JMi, yes a graphics program would have a rotation tool to.

I just think the foreground holds all the interest in this photo. The near perfect symmetry of the lake it great. I would not crop from the trees up, but about 5% or less from the top, which would still leave the swirls but not all of it.

jMi said:
I agree with the rotation as well, how would he go about doing that-- in an art program like Photoshop or PSP?

As for cropping the top, his focus was actually more intended on the swirls in the sky so taking away from it more wouldn't be a good idea IMO. Maybe a slight crop to the bottom instead? :)

Yes, photoshop or The Gimp (lousy in my opinion). I even think Office photo editor will do it. Geronimo is correct, I get more feeling from the lower half of this photo. The swirls give the sky interest but I'm not as drawn to them as I am the lower 2/3s of the image. Cutting half of the sky out makes a difference.

Ok i re-edited the original image. 1deg CCW rotation. I re-cropped it after the rotation. I think i figured out what it was. The sky looked to big, because the pic was cocked the way it was. Also while i was in photoshop, i did a minimal color burn to darken the image. So everything can be seen better.

SunsetRev1.jpg

Most reactions

Back