Winter Tree

nannabug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My first attempt at posting a photo here. I took this one in color on 35mm film, but converted it to B&W in Paint Shop and softened the focus. Was going for the cold, desolate winter feel.

wintertree2bw.jpg

Great shot!

just for critique's sake...i think it might be softened too much, just a tad too much. i feel that the contrast and lighting could give it a more desolate feel...but its very nicely composed!!!!

md

Nice shot! Just for fun, try it again with B&W film and use a soft focus filter... you might be very happy with the result. You have a good eye, so go for it!! :D I like that desolate look myself - nice job!

MDowdey said:
Great shot!

just for critique's sake...i think it might be softened too much, just a tad too much. i feel that the contrast and lighting could give it a more desolate feel...but its very nicely composed!!!!

md

ditto...

Thankee, bogleric. It appears the votes are in. ;) I wonder if the fact that it is 'in your face' on the monitor screen intensifies the soft focus. It doesn't appear so when zoomed out in my photo program. Anyhoo... I appreciate the comments and will play around with it some more.

Most reactions

Back