Winter Walk

I wouldn’t crop it but I would burn that hot spot down just a bit. The tall framing works better with the tall trees. I really like this. Plum island or Parker river maybe?

Very nice.

Very nice. Like the comment above I probably would have burned down the light spot at the top. The aspect ratio of the first made for a better composition IMO, but either way it's still good.

I wouldn’t crop it but I would burn that hot spot down just a bit. The tall framing works better with the tall trees. I really like this. Plum island or Parker river maybe?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will go back and try that too.

This was taken at Batchelder Park in Amesbury on a trail that goes along Lake Gardner. I was scouting out a location from which to get some full moon shots later this week. I have this idea of trying to catch the moon rising over the Isle of Shoals. The park has a hill that looks out over Seabrook and the islands (found thanks to PhotoPills) so I decided to hike on up it to check it out. If things work out as expected I'll post the shots.

Last edited:
Very nice. Like the comment above I probably would have burned down the light spot at the top. The aspect ratio of the first made for a better composition IMO, but either way it's still good.

Not sure why I didn't think of that. But I will go back and try it.
Thanks for commenting.

This burning stuff is definitely not my strong point. I tried several different methods before coming up with something I thought was OK. In Lightroom Classic used a brush with a range mask to finally get this. Affected area seems a little blurry. Better ideas welcome.
Boardwalk Burnt-1 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

I think your edit looks good. That foreground tree was already oof in the original

Reactions: PJM

Most reactions

Back