Winter Wonderland!

Cyber Surfer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ez-photo.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Which of these two shots is most pleasing to the eye? Canon 5D with 17-40mm F4.0 L lens.

5D-15-12-2006-002.jpg

For me it's number two and it has something to do with the tops of those pines, and the way the river leads your eye into the image

I'd say I like the 2nd more :mrgreen:

Interesting, for me it's #1, the double track of the river in the 2nd shot detracts my eye a little...not that either of them are less than nice :)

While I can see the point of the pine-top lovers, I am with the "Guru" and like #1 a bit better because of the way the river is captured. If we were actually seeing the bend of the river in 2 I would possibly vote for 2 strongly, but since it is hidden ... Hmph :scratch: --- difficult one. They are both good. But I still lean towards 1.

#1 I find more appealing.
We see many pics of the mountain peaks,,but there is a whole new world to explore in the valleys and dales.

1 for me....leads the eye on a journey.... if that makes any sense at all

hovis said:
1 for me....leads the eye on a journey.... if that makes any sense at all

Makes perfect sense to me hovis,,,just what is around the bend?

I'd go for #1 just because you can see more of the mountains, but I'd be happy if I'd taken either

I like #1 for the same reasons as the others...seeing the two mountains in the background does seem to lead they eye on a journey. The 2nd one does that as well, maybe even better at first...but then it stops. The 1st one makes me want to follow the stream into the valley beyond.

both are good, i think i am leaning toward #2, its a more interesting composition to me. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back