Wintergreen

DwayneOakes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

p639017031-4.jpg

Selective color... need to be used very carefully to enhance the FEW subjects it actually works with. I don't feel this is one of them, personally! I would like to see the image in ALL B&W though! :)

I'm not sure this image is done in selective color... He's trying to show the contrast of the moss against the otherwise colorless scene. I could be wrong, but either way, I get what he's trying to accomplish here. On another note, though, I think the blur from the falling snow is turning me off the most. Interesting composition though. Those trees in the background look like they'd make an interesting shot as well.

yea.. you might be right.. but the rest of the shot is extremely monochromatic. If nothing else, the background is desaturated a good bit.

Selective color... need to be used very carefully to enhance the FEW subjects it actually works with. I don't feel this is one of them, personally! I would like to see the image in ALL B&W though! :)

I certainly share you views on this photograph. There is just something about the green that detracts from the over all scene for me. B&W would solve that problem, and make for a stronger presentation.

I certainly share you views on this photograph. There is just something about the green that detracts from the over all scene for me. B&W would solve that problem, and make for a stronger presentation.

I love moss green.. it is a soothing color! The green in the photo is like kryptonite or something... just clashes.... :)

I love moss green.. it is a soothing color! The green in the photo is like kryptonite or something... just clashes.... :)

I definitely agree, it doesn't work. I was just trying to point out that I didn't think it was desaturated. Looks radioactive, eery.

Many thanks for your comments everyone ! I toned down the
green a tad to make it look more natural.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

p809100575-4.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back