Winterthur part 2

JohnTrav

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Here are a couple more shots I took while at winterthur museum a couple months ago. These have been edited but I did not crop them at all. C&C welcome. Let me know what you all think. Or any tips to make my photos better.

Gear used:
Canon 7D
Canon 70-200 f/2.8L

$image-2748872467.jpg

$image-1198969572.jpg

$image-3621944120.jpg

These pictures are ok to edit.

These need some work with composition. The overhead sunlight is harsh. The third photo has a possibility with the wooden arched door. The roof in that photo is domineering.

These need some work with composition. The overhead sunlight is harsh. The third photo has a possibility with the wooden arched door. The roof in that photo is domineering.

I agree my composition isn't that great. I noticed that while editing them.

The third is my favorite of the three also. The roof does draw the attention of the viewer I can see. Also the really dark shadow in the stair case.

Thanks for the tips.

I think the blown highlights in the first image are very distracting, as well as the extra space in the foreground of the second image. I also agree the roof in the third image is too overpowering, but I think if you cropped just below the roofline on the top and just above the 'sidewalk' area on the bottom it would be a really interesting, almost abstracted image.

I think the blown highlights in the first image are very distracting, as well as the extra space in the foreground of the second image. I also agree the roof in the third image is too overpowering, but I think if you cropped just below the roofline on the top and just above the 'sidewalk' area on the bottom it would be a really interesting, almost abstracted image.

I will edit the second and third image ad crop them a little bit and see how they turn out. I will post them so I can see what people think with the crop.

As far as the first one I might be able to edit it to make the left side not so blown out. It being so night is a distraction.

Here are the second and third image cropped. Let me know what you think now.

I cropped out the foreground
$image-4111416653.jpg

Here I cropped out the roof above both doors and the foreground
$image-2261990936.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back