Wintry Mantle (b/w version)

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just messing around and tried converting this image I posted a few months ago to greyscale. I liked the way it turned out, so I posted it. This is one of my personal favorites...Lake Dorothy and Mt. Neva near Nederland, Colorado.

Sony DSC-W1
ISO 100
Exposure Bias -.3
Tripod

Nevagreyscale800x600.jpg

Personally I find this a bit intimidating - great tones, interesting sky, nice and crisp - Kinda wish the right hand side didn't look quite so severed - but heck - kinda hard to fit a mountain range into the frame of one photo - not much can be done about that now, is there. I think it's wonderful.

i really like this, and although i didnt see the color version, i can already tell its better in black and white. you should do a series of these, as this print is very "classic" in its nature.
t.r.

It makes me quite happy to see this photo so sharp and contrasted! Brings out the texture of the rock as opposed to the smoothness of the snow. I think I like the b+w version better (if I remember the colour one right), although for most of the time I'm a "colour person" myself. But well done b+w photos impress me much! This one does.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back