Wired.....

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
vsN9Lbi.jpg

I think a shallower dof would be the way to go on this type of shot, concentrating on just one of the barbs. Decent all the same.

wonderful colors.

I think a shallower dof would be the way to go on this type of shot, concentrating on just one of the barbs. Decent all the same.
I suppose it could be done that way. I often see blurred images and it looks like dog poop to me, most of the time. Not every time, but , most of the time.. And the reason why it because it's over done. People start to think it's the only way to do it because someone said so. " Oh use a shallow depth of field, that way half the image before and half the image after will be blurred out. Only part of the subject will be in focus!" In this case, the wire is the subject. The entire wire. The beautiful old and colorful cypress........with lines and cracks as points of interest. I'm not every other photographer. I am never going to be that. In fact, I'm not even a photographer. I'm just a guy with a camera. lol.
Some of the things that I do are ok, not great, but ok. I can live with that.

I suppose you really need to understand how dof can benefit a photograph artistically or technically come to that or not as the case case may be.

I agree with Spacey Face, less dof usually has a nice effect on a picture such as this but for some reason I like seeing the detail in the wire as it goes further back. I just love the detail and feel I want to see more and more. (nice camera and lens there, Bubba) Maybe the rule isn't for every picture or individual. Also, I believe there's software that can make you a version of that pic with less dof if you wanted to see which version looks best to you. Gorgeous pic!

I suppose you really need to understand how dof can benefit a photograph artistically or technically come to that or not as the case case may be.
Oh yeah? Take a look at this.
I believe that Hollywood wine parties and British snobbery among the rich and arrogant have had a hand in ruining photography.
We can use Agnes Marin as an example of this buffoonery , seen here.

There are many other fine examples of garbage being praised as Art. Such as " Blue Dog" by George Rodrigue. Both artists work, if I'm being honest, would make many rolls of expensive, high quality toilet paper.

Last edited:
It doesn't play. I have no knowledge of or association to Hollywood wine parties and British snobbery among the rich and arrogant nor their effect on photography, perceived or otherwise.

I think the focus stack makes it unique and holds the eye. We are so used to seeing close up shots with shallow dof. Without the depth clues provided by oof areas, these types of images can play tricks on the eye-which I like. The danger is that sometimes an image can lose depth and look flat. I think this shot has enough other depth clues to make up for the deep dof.
IMO :)

I think the focus stack makes it unique and holds the eye. We are so used to seeing close up shots with shallow dof. Without the depth clues provided by oof areas, these types of images can play tricks on the eye-which I like. The danger is that sometimes an image can lose depth and look flat. I think this shot has enough other depth clues to make up for the deep dof.
IMO :)
I think you may have just let the cat out of the bag. lol
And you're exactly right, by the way. 100%
Thank you for clearing this up, sir.
You truly are a gentleman and a scholar.

I agree with Spacey Face, less dof usually has a nice effect on a picture such as this but for some reason I like seeing the detail in the wire as it goes further back. I just love the detail and feel I want to see more and more. (nice camera and lens there, Bubba) Maybe the rule isn't for every picture or individual. Also, I believe there's software that can make you a version of that pic with less dof if you wanted to see which version looks best to you. Gorgeous pic!

Kirkster,
Thank you. The Em1x camera and the Mzuiko lens is off the charts. I'm really happy with the purchase.
Most surprisingly, it's excellent in low light and high ISO. Much much better than the K5 Pentax that I was using and the k5 is a great camera.
I have an image that I shot late yesterday at ISO 3200 and the result is mind blowing. I wouldn't mind having a full frame , but I'm glad I bought this system instead.
Does everything I need it to do and then some and it's lightening fast. 60 frames per second super fast auto focus? Really? Yes, really! lol
It really is a nice system. I hope that I have good luck with it and that it lasts a long time. At this point, I can't imagine using anything else. It's just really good.

Kirkster,
Thank you. The Em1x camera and the Mzuiko lens is off the charts. I'm really happy with the purchase.
Most surprisingly, it's excellent in low light and high ISO. Much much better than the K5 Pentax that I was using and the k5 is a great camera.
I have an image that I shot late yesterday at ISO 3200 and the result is mind blowing. I wouldn't mind having a full frame , but I'm glad I bought this system instead.
Does everything I need it to do and then some and it's lightening fast. 60 frames per second super fast auto focus? Really? Yes, really! lol
It really is a nice system. I hope that I have good luck with it and that it lasts a long time. At this point, I can't imagine using anything else. It's just really good.

Nice camera, you should be happy with it for some time. Does it have eye/face detection like the Canon EOS r5? If I ever get a new camera I want that to be one of the features.

Nice camera, you should be happy with it for some time. Does it have eye/face detection like the Canon EOS r5? If I ever get a new camera I want that to be one of the features.
Yeah, it has it. I never use it though. It has Bird detection too.

Most reactions

Back