Wireless remote

mickmoonie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_0259.JPG
. Hey has anyone any experience of using one of these with a D80 as it says in the blurb that it works with said camera. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I have no experience with Nikon or this remote. However, it looks exactly like the Canon ones. After looking up your camera, it works the same. You have to aim it at an infrared sensor on the FRONT of the camera. If you would rather be behind the camera, then look into a wired shutter release. Equally affordable.

If you truly want to be wireless, look into something like this. This is just an example. There are much better out there. Godox..Yongnuo..... The receiver sits in the hotshoe with a wire to the camera and a transmitter that can usually change certain settings and trigger from any direction. It can also be hardwired to the camera or trigger an off camera flash. Best money spent in my opinion. I have one like this for my Canon.

https://www.amazon.com/PIXEL-Wirele...ote+shutter+release&psc=1&smid=A26ZYWFS2COV5E

They also make one of these. But in the video I watched it didn't work all the time.

Nikon WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter 27081 B&H Photo Video

Hope that helped. With a bit of Googling, you should be able to find a good deal.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got the actual Nikon model. I figure if I am spending $800 to $1500 on the camera, $15 isn't a big deal. Works fine on the D40 and D750. I don't think I've even changed the battery in the ten years I've had it.

I have always used my cell phone as it has more functions and I do not have to carry another device. Not all phones have IR output though.

Which did you go with? Others may want to know.

Most reactions

Back