Wireless Shutter Release

ChickenFriedRyce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know if there is a wireless shutter release available for Sony DSLR's??

I'm wanting to know because I may want some self portraits. And I know there is a wired one available but I don't to see a long wire in the picture.

I'm just picky. So is there??

I do believe you can trigger a camera with a PW. Not the expert on that though.

I have THIS ONE, except for Canon of course... and I really like it, and use it a lot.

39 bucks shipped. This was the seller I purchased mine through as well.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I had a timer and a remote trigger with my Nikon E8800 (still love that camera), and now with the D200, just the timer. Its nce, and works but if I want to take 2 or more pics, have to run back to the camera again.

I am going to be getting a remote trigger, but likely not a Pocket Wizard, they are VERY expensive. There are a few other ones more reasonable. The strobist site talks about them a lot. Go to flickr.com and do a search for strobist... there are I think 3-4 more reasonable ($$), options.

Pocketwizard does not come in a sony mount (yet) .
Right now , there is no wireless remote for the a100 or 200 because they dont have any way to recieve the signal. The a700 comes with a wireless remote, but otherwise you're stuck with a wired one

They invented self timer for a reason ;)

What if I don't want the camera to move one bit?? That actually is the reason. I'm very picky. But I'm still a teenager. haha

Ughhh. Can't they just make a limited release so they don't have to produce so much? I wish it was available for those camera models and not just the remote that comes with the A700. Most likely, I'm getting the A100 or A200 because I have yet to specify to my father in Asia and he'll most likely choose a cheaper model but I'm happy!

Thank you for the help!!

They invented self timer for a reason ;)

self timer does not allow you to use the auto focus. Wired or wireless is the best way for self portraits

I bought the one Keith mentions above. I'm not ebay fan so i ordered it from Adorama Camera.

Wait a minute... I just saw that there is a Cactus brand one for the Sony DSLR's. Assuming that Keith likes his, they are reliable, yes?

And it's $30. But I'll just have to wait until I get my camera and then decide. Thanks again for the help!

self timer does not allow you to use the auto focus. Wired or wireless is the best way for self portraits.

True but I'd rather not rely on it too much anyway given you have no way of checking the focus.

Why not use a mixture of both methods set the time to 5 seconds or so use the cable release and then throw the cable out of the picture while it counts down. Just offering non-expensive alternatives here.

Right now , there is no wireless remote for the a100 or 200 because they dont have any way to recieve the signal. The a700 comes with a wireless remote, but otherwise you're stuck with a wired one

The cactus one actually has a receiver that plugs into the shutter port of the camera. Then it has a wireless remote. Nice thing about this is that you can set the camera on any drive setting (one-shot, 3 fps, 6.5 fps, 2-second timer, 10-second timer, in my case) and that wireless shutter control will work with all of those.

self timer does not allow you to use the auto focus. Wired or wireless is the best way for self portraits

I bought the one Keith mentions above. I'm not ebay fan so i ordered it from Adorama Camera.

:thumbup:

Wait a minute... I just saw that there is a Cactus brand one for the Sony DSLR's. Assuming that Keith likes his, they are reliable, yes?

And it's $30. But I'll just have to wait until I get my camera and then decide. Thanks again for the help!

For $30 it's worth a try (that is, if you hate the timer like me).

Most reactions

Back