wireless shutter release

maman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a Wiired & Wireless Twin1 R3-UT wireless shutter release that I've been using on my 40D. Up until today it's been working fine... but then suddenly, nothing...

Both batteries are fine, and the trigger (hand held bit) is clearly working as it flashes white when I press the button.

So I think the problem is with the bit that goes into the camera... it's not triggering the shutter... It doesn't flash or do anything (I can't remember whether it did before or not, when it recieved a signal).

I waited ages to get one of these, as it is very difficult to buy camera equipment where I live... hence I am a bit gutted that it is not working.
Unfortunatley it is not as easy as getting another one shipped from the US. So, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to get it working again... it might just be a simple fixable thing, afterall.

I was wondering about taking the screws out and looking inside, but as I'm not a very technical girl, I don't know if this is a good idea or now.

Any suggestions please...?

Welcome to the forum.

My first thought would be that the cable or the connection point are the most likely failure points. Make absolutely sure that the plug is seated properly and that then pins are not bent or broken etc.

I agree with Big Mike's advice ( as if that means anything...he's way more knowledgeable here). My thought would be that if you open up the flash, what do you expect to fix? I don't mean to sound nasty but do you know what it SHOULD look like inside? I enjoy opening up broken items to try and educate myself on how it works. When I do this, I have pretty much decided to by a new one because I'm probably not able to fix it myself. Do you have ANY camera shops or photographers near by? Another photographer or even a computer geek may be able to diagnose the problem? Just a thought. Good luck! I get tons of information from forums online!!

Most reactions

Back