Wish i had been more prepared for this shoot(engagement photos)

Txaggie08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You know guys. I appreciate the input but I'm not going to leave it up. I've been insulted 3 or 4 times over this already tonight(insulted, NOT critiqued) and I'm done. Y'all have been nice about the critique, and I found out I had a fellow ag on the board to boot. If those of you that saw it have input please leave it, but I'm through posting anything for critique.

Again, not angry at y'all, just done with it. It is amazing to me how NASTY the photography community can be(I got asked if i took it with a cell phone...preciated that one) about anyones stuff. I thought for having a 1/4 of the gear I needed I did the best i could in the situation, and that's where I'm staying.

Thanks for being nice about it though TPF, if I come back for more critique it will ONLY be here. This is why I send customers from the shop to this forum....

Last edited:
Well it was a wonderful moment.. but terribly underexposed. Nothing you can do about it now, though..

Underexposed? I can do a bit about that actually, I have the RAW's.....

Maybe it's my monitor, any brighter kind of kills the darkness/glow effect I was trying to achieve...it also highlights the fact an XT can't do high ISO shots worth a crap...

Last edited:
Ah the memories..... under the Century Tree....

I agree. underexposed and the tree trunk caught most of the flash. Maybe you can work some magic in photoshop... hard to tell..

tree trunk was lit with a light they installed btw....that's not the flash. The flare is from that light pointing straight up.

usayit...what year are you? I think I see someone with that username on TA.

I see what y'all mean about the exposure, I went back and tapped it up a couple of points in lightroom. I'm honestly not sure What I'm going to do with the tree yet. They wanted that light RIGHT there.....

I'm still pissed how these came out. The Noise is so bad in most of them it makes the shot look out of focus on certain colors. New camera is on the high priority list.

Guess this one gets chocked up to experience and a freebie...this is exactly why i refuse to take money for most things at this point...

Just sent an email to the gentleman as well. Definitely did not come out as hoped, and I will not take money for any of it at this point(didn't plan to anyway....).

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back