Wish me luck!

i hear ya sharky,

welcome to the club! I so know that feeling you are going thru as i had the surgery in January! Its a pretty awesome feeling to see with your two own eyes!!

Congrats on the new eyes, Shark! :) Someday I might look into it myself, but then I think that my vision isn't that bad, plus I look so damn hot in my glasses. ;)

LASIK was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I am a mother of a 3 year old and a 1 year old and that means a lot of waking up in the middle of the night. This translated to sleeping in my contacts so that I could see what I was doing when I had to check on my kids; after 20 years, it was starting to take a toll on the health of my eyes. Dr. Wiles well his a surgeon at LASIK-1, is so informative and has such a calm demeanor; he put me at ease even though I was nervous about the procedure. He went through all of the steps involved in the treatment so that I knew exactly what to expect. I appreciate everything he has done to make my vision what it is today. I can now see 20/20 with no help.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I had bladeless LASIK just over a year ago myself. So I can truly understand what you mean by life altering! I was virtually legally blind worse than 20/400 in both eyes (I knew the big E on the chart was an "e", but I had to squint my eyes as tight as I could to barely make it out).

Well, I had my 1 year check up about 2 months ago and..... 20/10, both eyes. The doc said it was the best of the best for all possible outcomes... I was hitting the letters on the smallest line on the eye chart.

Your vision will get progressively better over the next few days, and continue to get sharper over the next couple months. I think I went from 20/450 to 20/20 with a day or two. 20/20 to 20/15 in a few weeks. And 20/10 by a year later.

The "halo's" you see around light sources, particularly at night, will continue to get smaller and smaller, and then virtually disappear.

It cost's a small fortune, but I would pay it again and again if I had to. My brother had lasik about 6 years ago and much older technology (they actually used a surgical blade to open his flap) still sees great after 6 years or so.

Anyways, I'm so happy for you, and know how you feel. Its great not to be blind!

awwwwwwwwww son of a buck! :angry:

I just realized this was bumped from forever ago by spam, ferny. SHHIT

And I wasted my time writing that long congratulatory tip of the hat :(

And to think... I wasted my 600'th post because of a spammer.. such a rookie. But clever spam bot though.

I'll do better on my 666'th post :biggrin:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back