With Bass Guitar

LeadSister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hometownphotographer.com
I decided to practice with my camera some more and take a few shots of one of my sons with his Bass guitar. To view the full size of the pictures... just click the link that's with them. I didnt want to post the larger versions to be 56k friendly.

Any C&C would be helpful

FULL VIEW
normal_dylan-bass.jpg

FULL VIEW
normal_dylan-bass-color.jpg

dylan-bass3.jpg

Thanks for viewing!
Pamela

I prefer the third one. The others like cropped to tight.

Did you use PS or the like to blur the foliage in the background?

I like the last one. Same question as VMann......looks like you photoshopped the background. I think maybe a little too much. To me it's distracting to go from no blur in the back on the ground but to instantly have blur on the leaves behind.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm not happy with the blurring on the last one either. I'll take that out.

As far as the other two.... do you think they are too cropped on the sides? I'll have to take a look but I think on the first one, I got in too close and ended up chopping off the guitar maybe. But I love his expression. I wanted a close up of him and the guitar rather than the whole body. I think I can give more room on the sides for the second one though.

Pamela

The blur looks better....What you may want to do is to add it gradually so that it appears more natural :)

Any tips on a good way to blur the background? I have Photoshop CS2 but not familiar with it yet. Also Fireworks MX and PaintShopPro 9. So if anyone has tips or could point me to a good place it would be helpful. How much of the back ground should be blurred?

Thanks for any help!
Pamela

Most reactions

Back