With ducks or without...

aussie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Because the picture wasn't very interesting I've decided to change it to postcard-like graphics. In my opinion ducks add little bit "action" to the image, without them it seems to be bit boring. I have got many oponents, who claim definetely no ducks. May I ask for an opinion on this Forum?
boat4.jpg

...and without ducks...
boat7.jpg

ugh without, did you put the ducks there yourself (photoshop) or were they really there in the shot.

they look pasted in and they catch the eye to much because of that. without, deffinitly

Edit: after looking more closely i see you edited the ducks away (the reflection of the boat is partly gone in the image without the ducks.

you should edit that a bit more to keep the reflection, its a minor detail but if i cought it, others will to ;)

ducks aside, would you share a little bit of what processing was used to create the mood?

The picture looks good without the ducks. Tone is good. I would have
cropped some off the bottom...... would make a great 18x12 picture.
dundee6

I would personally go without the ducks, it makes the shot better IMO. The feel of this one rubs me the wrong way, it seems like a cut and paste job, even with the boats. Maybe I am just looking at this one the wrong way, take it with a grain of salt.

I agree without ducks is much better and not boring at all...however whatever the manipulation was that you have done seems that the shot may have been better off without...if you have the original would you mind posting it? It looks like it would be a lovely shot minus the pepto bismol pinkish feel...

Thank you again for all the opinions. Below you can see a link to the original photo, and the only thing added that's the frame.
Regarding postprocessing, all I did was in PS - Layer pallette - New Adjustment Layer - Gradient Map effect.
I can assure you the ducks are genuine and not added in postprocessing. I was lucky to be at right time there. Boats were fully in the sun but behind them there was a wall of a thick fog.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/marek58/boat2.jpg

I like the original photo in color a lot better than either of the ones above. As for the ducks, I would say take them out because they are too dark and are just in the wrong spot in the scene IMO. It looks like you tried to lighten them up in the one above, but that just makes it look like they were pasted in.

Yes the original is so nice!!! I don't know why you would have done this in PS b/c they were awesome in the first place!!! You have beautiful colors in the orignal and it's very nice, even with the ducks, although I like without too :) I really think the original is quite nice and you have something good there!!!

Most reactions

Back