With trepidation - Requesting my first C&C

netriaus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I've only had my D80 for 2 days, and these are some of the first photos I've taken. Let my know what you think. Thanks!

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

I know the composition in this one leaves something to be desired. I would have liked to have had his feet in the shot, and the dog is pushing her fat ass against the window but I liked the motion blur in his hands and legs while his face was mostly in focus. Plus... he was moving kinda fast. :lol:

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

Be honest and as harsh as you wanna be. I have a thick skin and it's the only way to learn.

"the dog is pushing her fat ass against the window"

Hahaha, I died when I read that!

The first pic is really cute!

I won't get on the technical side, as I don't know much, but nice shots.:)

They are all pretty nice. The white balance is off in the first one. All of them are under exposed except the third one. Composition wise they are pretty good.

"the dog is pushing her fat ass against the window"

Hahaha, I died when I read that!

:lmao: Well, she is! I kicked her outside because she kept getting in the way... yet, she still managed to work her hind end into a shot.

Thanks for the comments, mgw. I've found that in the past, I tend to overexpose, so I think I'm over compensating at this point to avoid it, so I'll keep that in mind.

I shot them in RAW, so I'll play around with them a bit. The first photo, his skin and the table look like it has a slight blue tint to me, but when I tried to fix it, the wood in the background got too yellow and I couldn't quite get them both where I wanted them.

:lmao: Well, she is! I kicked her outside because she kept getting in the way... yet, she still managed to work her hind end into a shot.

Thanks for the comments, mgw. I've found that in the past, I tend to overexpose, so I think I'm over compensating at this point to avoid it, so I'll keep that in mind.

I shot them in RAW, so I'll play around with them a bit. The first photo, his skin and the table look like it has a slight blue tint to me, but when I tried to fix it, the wood in the background got too yellow and I couldn't quite get them both where I wanted them.

Its better to under expose a little than to over expose a little. its much easier to fix.

Easy there, X!!!

I love the last one, too though, it's an excellent shot.

for the sake of critiquing, in #1, I personally would have just moved everything in the frame over, to the left, so the blue play-doh would be close to the frame. #4 maybe apply the rule of thirds? I'm a beginner too, but maybe you'll find my feedback useful.

All of these look really nice though! Congrats on your d80!

#4 is underexposed. The rest are fine.

#1 needs a little color tweak - up the yellow slightly, but - more important - kick up the red to get rid of the cyan. Other than that, #1 is a TERRIFIC shot!

I, too, like the movement in #2 and the sharp capture of his face. Don't sweat the dog butt. Frankly, I would never have known what it was and it tends to dull down the b.g. so that the subject stands out better.

I have a D80 too. Great camera.

You're doing fine. And you have a great subject to work with. Have fun with it.

I struggled with whether or not I should up the exposure of #4 because I didn't want to loose any detail in the neck feathers. Looking now, though, it really could handle some adjustment.

Thanks for all the wonderful criticism, guys. I was really nervous to post my photos after seeing the great work from the other members on this board. You're making me feel like I didn't do so bad for my first time out!

Most reactions

Back