Withering Away

just x joey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
joeydsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
please critic this photo, i am trying to learn.

boquet.jpg

i like it, could be framed a bit more on center (try paying more attention to framing while taking the pics as opposed to cropping afterwards)

I agree with Mesoam, getting the framing right to begin with will do a lot for your pictures. I have to say that I like the rest: the sharp, white flowers in front really stand out from the darker, blurred, wilted ones, and the shadows of the background. Did you take this one in BW or did you desaturate after the fact? If it's the latter, may I see the color for comparison?

I like this B&W alot. This is what I like.. I like the bokeh and sharpness. I would crop it differently. Take some off the top and bottom. I like the positioning of the flowers as they are. A little to much space for me on the top. Nice job !!!

hmm it's interesting, if a little off-balanced. i like the contrast, while i usually dislike bw. but two things should be better off: balancing the image (three in one part, one in the other). and sharpening the rest or taking the accent off of the unsharp images (i.e. less contrast on them). it is nice though and has a sharp but soft look to it. good stuff :)

Now just x joey, this is a far cry from the other one I was looking at earlier. This one has a bit of life to it. Like the others have said, work on your framing, but this is a much better example of the work you are capable of.

well i cropped it to a square, i don't know how mpix.com will print them if they aren't cropped to the right proportions ya know? And sadly, i don't know the "normal proportions" an image should be. I have 'okay to edit photos' so if some one wants to show me a better crop, please do! but thanks for the encouraging comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back