Wodapalooza ( crossfit games )

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the Crossfit games this past weekend . Had a couple of friends competing . Saw some pretty incredible feats of strength and endurance .

I went black and white with most of these since the backgrounds where so busy not to mention all the colors were pretty horrific . BTW I need to work out more ! :biglaugh:

Wodapalooza by manny herreria, on Flickr

Wod (1021 of 1248)-Edit-Edit by manny herreria, on Flickr

really good shots, there!

Thanks you !

Nicely done.

Thanks John , you know I really do envy the photogs that get to go behind the lines . There were so many people at this event , as well as photogs , that I had to nudge and kinda push my way around just to try and get some decent shots . Thanks again !

Looks like you got pretty darn close without a pass; did you look into getting one?

I took only my 70-200 as I figured I would be out in bleachers . I was raked out for most of day , sometimes I was able to crowd the front and get a little tighter . I did not look into it , but I think I will try next year .

Very intriguing shots. I think making these black and white was an excellent post production choice!

I like that you went to B&W on these, makes a difference. Even with the higher angle you came away with some really nice stuff. I like the first one, would love to see more like that. I've been shooting a B&W series on athletes for several years now, I'd love to shoot one of these events.

Very intriguing shots. I think making these black and white was an excellent post production choice!

Tiaphoto , Thank you !

I like that you went to B&W on these, makes a difference. Even with the higher angle you came away with some really nice stuff. I like the first one, would love to see more like that. I've been shooting a B&W series on athletes for several years now, I'd love to shoot one of these events.

Imagemaker , Thank you ! Yea my minds eye saw these monochrome . This was my first attempt at anything like this , I must admit the most difficult part is putting yourself in position to get an interesting shot . Many people at this event and space ws limited so I just had to get creative LOL.

Thanks again !

Most reactions

Back