Wolf or Coyote? Any experts?

Look at a wolf and a coyote standing next to each other, and you will never mistake one for the other again.

Wolves are big animals. Coyotes are the rodents of the canine family...

Look at a wolf and a coyote standing next to each other, and you will never mistake one for the other again. Wolves are big animals. Coyotes are the rodents of the canine family...

I will do that for sure. Thanks Steve.

Thank goodness it was a coyote! Wolves travel in PACKS!!
still exciting though in the wild, I'm sure it got your blood pumping!
Nancy

Thank goodness it was a coyote! Wolves travel in PACKS!! still exciting though in the wild, I'm sure it got your blood pumping! Nancy

You're so right, I am glad it was not a pack of wolves, whew what a relief. For me it was a very new and exciting experience I will never forget. I just wished I had gotten better and clearer photos, but I am still learning the ropes. You are lucky to travel in an RV anywhere you want, that's awesome.

I don't think that wolves live in Tennessee.

I don't think that wolves live in Tennessee.

There are a FEW, but I mean VERY few. There was a failed attempt to reintroduce them into the GSMNP area a few years ago; last I ever heard, they estimate there are probably fewer than 10 in the park area and surrounding areas of TN and NC.

Most of what we have are either coyotes or foxes.

There are a FEW, but I mean VERY few. There was a failed attempt to reintroduce them into the GSMNP area a few years ago; last I ever heard, they estimate there are probably fewer than 10 in the park area and surrounding areas of TN and NC. Most of what we have are either coyotes or foxes.

Wow that's not very many. I did not realize the wolf population was so extremely low. Btw what areas of Cade's Cove are best for spotting wildlife?

Also, those few wolves are red wolves (from what I've read on the Internet), which look a lot different than grey wolves most people think of when they hear wolf.

Also, those few wolves are red wolves (from what I've read on the Internet), which look a lot different than grey wolves most people think of when they hear wolf.

I read somewhere that red wolves could be a cross of coyote and wolf. I may be wrong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back