Wolves (warning.. graphic) 9 pics

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few from Sundays shoot with Airic and Canoncan ... A deer (road kill) was fed to these wolves, for their weekly dinner. This is fair warning, as some of the images are graphic.

It was a very amazing thing to watch, as this family of wolves destroyed this deer in about 15 minutes.

1 1/15 sec.. on a tripod.. VR on
DSC_0951018w.jpg

DSC_1015019w.jpg

DSC_1034020w.jpg

DSC_1121021w.jpg

DSC_1564015w.jpg

DSC_1224022w.jpg

DSC_0318027e.jpg

DSC_1548014w.jpg

9 and along came the raven
DSC_1423023w.jpg

thanks for looking!

sweet dreams!

Great series Ray.

Have you ever listed out your workflow somewhere...especially as it pertains to sharpening? Whatever you are doing...is really working well for you. Of course good glass and technique are a big part of it.

amazing photos!
Wish I were there.

I have always found Wolves to be one of my favorites when it comes to those kind of predators. :D

Stunning captures. I would have to say that numbers four and five are my favorites. Great work. I always enjoying viewing your work here.

5, 6, 7 & 8 show some wild character. Very nice work.

beautiful photos of remarkable creatures

Wonderful images, amazing animals, love wolves, along with birds of prey. Out of interest, what is the D200 like to work with, and how would you rate the D80 as an alternative if one cannot quite afford the D200?

I'm with BigMike, aside from amazing photographic skill, how do you get such sharp pictures? I can't believe the detail in that raven's wings and how sharp it is. I know it is most important to get your subject's eyes in focus, but your shots are ridiculous.

Keep up the good work.

Fantastic series, the first 4 really stand out to me. Always a treat to see your work!

A-MAY-ZING, Ray!!! :shock:

Very cool shooting!
Wonderful subject.

May I "steal" them for Sabine, and may she share them with her best friend who is so fond of wolves?

Great series Ray.

Have you ever listed out your workflow somewhere...especially as it pertains to sharpening? Whatever you are doing...is really working well for you. Of course good glass and technique are a big part of it.

Hi Mike

thanks bud! and here is a brief run on my workflow...

Convert the raw image to jpeg in Picture Project.. (uncompressed)
Crop
tune colours
fine tune contrast with curves
Shadow / Highlight (slight adjustments only)
sharpen with USM 100 - 170% at 1 and 0 usually
Neat Image filter for noise.

thats it., nothing special. The lens is the key... the lens I use cost me 7,700 including tax, Canadian.. and the optics are awsome.

Which leads me to my best advice for everyone.. get good glass!

For basic photography I recommend the 17-55 Nikon zoom., best all around lens I know of.. I will get one some day.

The D200 is the best Dslr for the money on the market.. D80 is a very good camera also. Do not buy it with the kit lens!

I know Canon makes awesome cameras, and one day I hope to buy a 30d.

I now use my d70s for back up, and for Daisy., but a 30d will allow me to buy the 500 mm IS lens., and Nikon dosen't make their long lenses with VR.

Hope this helps!!

And yes LaFoto.. as always please give anything I shoot to your daughter,.. and I would like to see her artwork too! Have you ever heard of the Art forum called Wet Canvas?? She should have a look!

take care!!

Most reactions

Back