Woman in the Sun

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was having lunch in a restaurant in Denver with several colleagues, and I snapped this without looking or anything--just one of those grab the cam, flip it around to where you think it might be right and snap the shutter.

I can't decide if I like it, so I thought I'd leave it to y'all to tell me if it's any good or not. I'm posting it in the critique forum because, well, I'd like some honest critiquing. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not looking for anyone to say it's a great shot or it's nice tones. If that's what you'd like to do, then by all means, please either go to my photoblog or to any of my other posts and say all kinds of nice and flattering thngs :) Seriously, I'm looking for some hardcore, honest feedback of why it does or does not work. I have my opinions, but I'd rather not taint you. Be as brutal and harsh as you'd like; however, all I ask is that it be constructive.

Thanks.

DSC_5751.jpg

I like your thought process here. Certainly the light did something interesting and this women was intriguing. Not seeing it in the photo. The crop is uncomfortable. Problem I think is only seeing part of her lips and part of her nose. Was this cropped in camera? If not post the original and we can work with it.

Love & Bass

Craig,

Thanks for the post. As I mentioned in my original post, I didn't get this picture up, I just grabbed the cam, pointed it, and shot...what you see is what I got. That, I think is the problem. It's similiar to this one, but just not at the right angle or not the right crop or something that keeps it from being right.

There is no eye contact, she doesn't engage.
There is nice detail even though it looks contrasted up for b/w, nevermind the crop, its the eye.
You saw her in colour ? you shot in colour ? yet it wasn't good enough to stay colour ? why ?
Is there eye detail in the colour version..

Most reactions

Back