Woman sued, shot wedding on Rebel XTi

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dear jesus. :er:

Really, right? I was shocked.
I wasn't referring to the e-mail. I was referring to where this thread has gone in general.

The thread went crazy, when a crazy person showed up in my main e-mail and threatened to "expose me" and "ruin my business"

I'm not the kind to back down, and I have no reason too. This person is nuts and I have no problem exposing them. I will share every crazy assed email I get.

pfft cloud we've left the show a page or more ago - we now appear to be into stalkers and stuff...

Bennielou - my dad taught my dad to never write a letter when in a state of hightened emotion - because often as not one will say things or do things that they would otherwise never say or do and the results are often far from what they want in the end.
And thus I'll pass the same advice along - you need to take a breath, a moment to calm and collect your thoughts before writing and clicking the post button.

I wasn't referring to the e-mail. I was referring to where this thread has gone in general.

The thread went crazy, when a crazy person showed up in my main e-mail and threatened to "expose me" and "ruin my business"

I'm not the kind to back down, and I have reason too. This person is nuts and I have no problem exposing them. I will share every crazy assed email I get.

maybe such an exposition requires its own thread and context rather than random posts in this thread ;)
However my own approach would simply be the block and delete keys in email and not think any more on it because chances are giving them attention like you are here is only going to encourage them

I'm not the kind to back down, and I have no reason too. This person is nuts and I have no problem exposing them. I will share every crazy assed email I get.

I still don't understand what your email has to do with this thread?

Please lets get the thread back on topic before i close it and/or have to start pming members. Thanks.

It wasn't my crazy e-mail, it was from a nutso forum member who haunts my e-mail day and night.

Remember.. I don't have to do this. I'm not asking you to buy crap. It's not like I'm not busy. It's relaxing to me (most times) to talk about business stuff.

And this forum is great, but every once in a while you have that nightmare person. The person you gave crit to that though that they didn't need crit. They terrorize you day and night. And you get good and damn tired of it. It makes you just want to quit and walk away. But still they continue. For infinatey with their bs.

I still don't understand what your email has to do with this thread?

Please lets get the thread back on topic before i close it and/or have to start pming members. Thanks.

The emails have to do with everything. I have them saved if you would like to see.
Basically, I told a photog how I would have done things differently. She told me how much I sucked and then ran off. She then changed her username, and proceeded to talk crap on everything I put online. Of course I knew that and confronted her.
If you would like to confirm this, the old username was weddingphotographer. The new one is Nikkor.

then be the bigger person.

I honestly want people's opionions. I want everyone to get along and have a big old party.

So that is what our job is right? To make people have fun? Why all the crazyiness if someone makes a few dollars extra. Who cares. We do what makes us happy right?

And I'm done dealing with complete fools, so they can lay off my e-mail.

Bennielou,
It is obvious that you're new to photography. I made my living as a photographer in the late 1980's and early 1990's, all pre-digital. My website as you call it is merely 3,000 or so of my personal photos, including many sports shots. My studio lighting skills are probably well advanced above yours, both in terms of scope (people,product,commercial) as well as being well-versed in sports and photojournalism.

As far as the wanna-be label you throw around...I am a former professional photographer and have filed many IRS tax years with the term "photographer" on the occupation line.My work has been published in newspapers and magazines, and is in the homes of thousands of payed clients--on walls and desks and mantles. After seeing your work in last week's engagement photos and the resulting melt-down from a tiny bit of criticism, I think it is time that you step up to the plate and admit that indeed, your work is not without need for improvement. Serious improvement, such as backing off on the over the top noise reduction, as well as differentiating between an incomplete pose and a completed pose...i.e., learning when to orient the camera horizontally versus vertically, as learning when not to lop people off at the joints (wrist,hand,knee,etc). Your compositions, and I have seen many of them, are often the vivtim of incomplete poses; as somebody who made a full-time living photographing studio portaiture, I can tell you, one of the FIRST things the photographer is responsible for is making sure that the subjects are presented well--meaning that their clothing is well-styled, neat, and free of lint, dandruff, spots,price stickers, etc,etc, and that bra straps, slips, and jewlery and accessories are properly draped and adjusted; that is part of being a "professional" people photographer. As is showing women and men how to properly pose/orient their feet,torsos,and hands and arms for the cameras. That all comes under the heading of "posing people", and as a former professional portrait shooter, I have posed thousands of people. A little tip might be to learn from older,more-experienced shooters who would tell you that a good way to demonstrate your degree of professionalism to your clients is to make a small, deliberate adjustment to a clothing item to ***demonstrate to them**** that you, the professional are actually paying close attention to the **details** of their clothing. Of course, that's an old professional's trick, and not something that is likely to be found by learning photography on your own in the "photoshop Age".

I find it appaling that a "professional" photographer would abdicate responsibility for the clothing adjustment of a groom's lapel, on frame after frame,after frame. To the point that the photographer gets taken to court over it? That sounds like a pretty serious lack of observational ability, or perhaps extreme inattention, or maybe excessive nervousness. But then again, this is the Photoshop Era, and there are literally thousands of full-time wedding shooters all across America, with no formal training, little equipment, save for a digital SLR or two and a couple of lenses. Kind of like the "professional" who this thread is about--the woman with a Canon Rebel and an 18-55 kit lens, who bothched a wedding because she was not really a professionally-capable photographer, and did not even know the f/stop range of her lenses, and who lost a huge judgement by being unable to deliver the goods. Mostly due to inexperience, but also by trying to shoot a low-light or indoor wedding with low-cost, beginner equipment WITHOUT extreme skill in the art and craft of photography. This country is filled with lots of so-called professional photographers who are good at marketing their mediocre skills, as this thread so amply demonstrates.

then be the bigger person.

I haven't been the bigger person?

Did you see me post all the crazy assed e-mails? Would you see them even if you begged?

I get this more often than yoiu would know. And when you yourself get these kind of things, feel free to embarrase the poster for all time.

So maybe the big thing to do is not feed your social thing. Maybe it's keeping it quiet because that is the right thing to do.

Too funny. Lesson here: don't go into court acting like a damn fool -- it'll cost you. And it did. Whatever case the photographer may or may not have had was ruined by her big freakin' mouth! I would have awarded the maximum $5000. Dumb ass!

I absolutely agree. It sounds like this is something that could have been resolved over the phone but that lady was just so rude and argumentive! I hope her attitude improves, maybe her photos weren't horrible, but if she promised a certain quality, she should have delivered. The worst part about her was her crappy attitude!

Then consider the source and ignore them. I am sure that it isn't this forum that will crumble your reputation because of one person stalking you. My advice is to just take the higher road.

Bennielou,
It is obvious that you're new to photography. I made my living as a photographer in the late 1980's and early 1990's, all pre-digital. My website as you call it is merely 3,000 or so of my personal photos, including many sports shots. My studio lighting skills are probably well advanced above yours, both in terms of scope (people,product,commercial) as well as being well-versed in sports and photojournalism.

As far as the wanna-be label you throw around...I am a former professional photographer and have filed many IRS tax years with the term "photographer" on the occupation line.My work has been published in newspapers and magazines, and is in the homes of thousands of payed clients--on walls and desks and mantles. After seeing your work in last week's engagement photos and the resulting melt-down from a tiny bit of criticism, I think it is time that you step up to the plate and admit that indeed, your work is not without need for improvement. Serious improvement, such as backing off on the over the top noise reduction, as well as differentiating between an incomplete pose and a completed pose...i.e., learning when to orient the camera horizontally versus vertically, as learning when not to lop people off at the joints (wrist,hand,knee,etc). Your compositions, and I have seen many of them, are often the vivtim of incomplete poses; as somebody who made a full-time living photographing studio portaiture, I can tell you, one of the FIRST things the photographer is responsible for is making sure that the subjects are presented well--meaning that their clothing is well-styled, neat, and free of lint, dandruff, spots,price stickers, etc,etc, and that bra straps, slips, and jewlery and accessories are properly draped and adjusted; that is part of being a "professional" people photographer. As is showing women and men how to properly pose/orient their feet,torsos,and hands and arms for the cameras. That all comes under the heading of "posing people", and as a former professional portrait shooter, I have posed thousands of people. A little tip might be to learn from older,more-experienced shooters who would tell you that a good way to demonstrate your degree of professionalism to your clients is to make a small, deliberate adjustment to a clothing item to ***demonstrate to them**** that you, the professional are actually paying close attention to the **details** of their clothing. Of course, that's an old professional's trick, and not something that is likely to be found by learning photography on your own in the "photoshop Age".

I find it appaling that a "professional" photographer would abdicate responsibility for the clothing adjustment of a groom's lapel, on frame after frame,after frame. To the point that the photographer gets taken to court over it? That sounds like a pretty serious lack of observational ability, or perhaps extreme inattention, or maybe excessive nervousness. But then again, this is the Photoshop Era, and there are literally thousands of full-time wedding shooters all across America, with no formal training, little equipment, save for a digital SLR or two and a couple of lenses. Kind of like the "professional" who this thread is about--the woman with a Canon Rebel and an 18-55 kit lens, who bothched a wedding because she was not really a professionally-capable photographer, and did not even know the f/stop range of her lenses, and who lost a huge judgement by being unable to deliver the goods. Mostly due to inexperience, but also by trying to shoot a low-light or indoor wedding with low-cost, beginner equipment WITHOUT extreme skill in the art and craft of photography. This country is filled with lots of so-called professional photographers who are good at marketing their mediocre skills, as this thread so amply demonstrates.

First reaction is WOW!

Second one is that I start laughing hysterically. I'll let you know when I stop but it might be a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back