Wonderful!!! Now everyone will justify working for free

Would you like Brie or perhaps a nice Wensleydale with that whine??

Haha, what a cry baby. Everybody's out to get you Alleh.

I assume that by calling me a whiner is your way of coping out because you don’t have any real argument as to why people should do photography work for free.

I enjoyed ruffling your feathers maybe next time you will offer up something tangible.

Oh yeah and if your one of the people that do photography work for cheap you don't get out of this one. Just wait for the day a little girl goes running by and trips on your tripod you left near the door while shooting a wedding and you get sued for everything you own because those cheap prices didn’t earn you enough money to run a real business that would have the correct insurance to cover such a claim. If you have a day job and you think its fun earning a little extra from photography you in reality are spending your day job money to work as a photographer on the weekend.

I assume that by calling me a whiner is your way of coping out because you don’t have any real argument as to why people should do photography work for free.

I enjoyed ruffling your feathers maybe next time you will offer up something tangible.

Oh yeah and if your one of the people that do photography work for cheap you don't get out of this one. Just wait for the day a little girl goes running by and trips on your tripod you left near the door while shooting a wedding and you get sued for everything you own because those cheap prices didn’t earn you enough money to run a real business that would have the correct insurance to cover such a claim. If you have a day job and you think its fun earning a little extra from photography you in reality are spending your day job money to work as a photographer on the weekend.

:biglaugh:

You're funny-- Got more?

You want tangible then I will give you tangible.

In the business world there are those that have a good product, identify the market for that product and sell that product in that market. They always strive to meet the demands of their customers. These are the very busy and successful individuals.

There are those that have a product, maybe not the best, but a product that they have identified a market for and produce that product for that market. They strive to give their customers the best they can for what they can afford. They are successful because they know their business and their market.

Then there are those that may or may not have a good product. It really doesn't matter, because they don't understand the business side of their world and either can't market their product or don't know what market they should target their product for or have no clue as to if their product is what is wanted, and then wonder why no one buys their product. They are the ones that cry about the sad state of the business world.

Now you know why you never see Neiman Marcus complaining about Wal-mart. They both understand the business world, they both understand their markets and their role in those markets and because they are so busy they don't have time to complain.

... is your way of coping out ...
I'm confused. Do you mean that you are singling out someone that is struggling on fairly even terms or are you implying that someone is trying to avoid one's responsibility?

Alleh,

You're the Neiman Marcus of photography. The Cadillac. The Apple. Anybody who's seen your work wouldn't question this.

Since you post here, on the internet, and post work often, I'm assuming you're a working pro photographer. You're making a living.

The person who does a shoot-and-burn wedding for $250 DOES NOT hurt your business. This lower-level photographer doesn't get so much as an email from a discriminating client.

So why is it that you have to post a new thread every time you see a soccer mom hook her Coolpix up to the Kodak kiosk at Walmart?

I am just not understanding...you dont want some people to be a pro...they need to meet some requirement set by you. And now people cant even do free shoots to learn to be a pro?

What I am hearing here is that you just dont want anyone else to be a photographer.

No one complains about GIMP... its free... ;)

Perhaps Adobe should just sue GIMP for being too cheap for competition.

What it really comes to it.... If you are good enough, people will pay yah. Those that want to shoot for free are free to do so.

Why don't you check your original post for spelling and grammar before you come across as ignorant while trying to lecture.. If I'm to be lectured, it had better damn well be spelled right... Sheesh... Oh yeah, even though our Government Schools have almost rendered excellence obsolete, punctuation also matters...

So why is it that you have to post a new thread every time you see a soccer mom hook her Coolpix up to the Kodak kiosk at Walmart?

Insecurity, immaturity and control issues are my best guess.

Most reactions

Back