...wood prints, again! -:)

anua

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.portretowa.pl
hi gang!
here are the latest wood prints ive made, i thought id share...

P9142452popmmm.jpg

P9142442popmmm2.jpg

this is my sister, Joanna (and her husband, Michał) - she got married at 2nd of september, and those wood prints supposed to be my gift for them -:)

PA032992pmmm.jpg

PA032999pmmm.jpg

PA033014pmmm.jpg

this is Izabela, really nice a lady who ordered a portrait lately...im still not sure which one i should give to her...

P9302856pppmmm.jpg

...and this is a gift to my friends who are getting married in few days -:)

P9302854pppmmm.jpg

i used my this wall (its in my living room) as a background for the pic, i just thought it looks funny when it hangs there...:lol:

thanks for looking!

any comments and suggestions are welcome!

anj

these are great, would you mind telling how you made these?

Beautiful work, Anja! :D I never get tired of seeing these. Your latest group with weddings have just been breathtaking. I bet your sister is just thrilled with these! The second one is just surreal.

Which one do you think you'll give to your friend Izabela? Of the three shots of her, I am very torn between the second and third. She has such a lovely look in the second one, but the third (looking right at the camera with her hands under her chin) is very colorful, with the flowers. I might be tempted to choose that one.

I'm so happy you shared these! :heart:

excellent work.... i love the first and fourth ones, great technique :thumbsup:

Amazing. The first one in particular seems to me to have much more of a sense of depth than regular prints.

Wow, never seen this before, they kind of look like paintings. Nice work!

Thank you so much for the nice words, guys!

Newrmdmike, they are not very hard to do - its a regular print made at the board instead of a paper - after the prints are dry i hand colour them with an oil paints.

Terri!im always surprised how well your opinions go with what i hear from my customers! The lady was also torn between those two, and at the end she decided to take the third one, ha ha, so you were right again! -:)))

Jeff, yah, i hand colour them. I use regular oil paints here, same ones i use to paint on canvas. Ive heard that you can buy 'special' paints (oils) for painting on prints, but i must admit that i have never used them and i have no idea whats the difference between those 'special' oils for prints and regular oils.
Maybe Terri knows?

thanks for the nice comments once again,

anj

The ones I used several years ago were just thinner than the ones from the tubes that I painted with on canvas. Other than that I don't know of any difference. Oh yes you could buy smaller quantities in the kits so it wasn't as expensive to get more colors.

Terri probably knows more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back