...wood prints, again! -:)

Terri!im always surprised how well your opinions go with what i hear from my customers! The lady was also torn between those two, and at the end she decided to take the third one, ha ha, so you were right again! -:)))
hey, Anj, that is too funny! I'm sure she would have been happy with any of them, but the third one was indeed my favorite - she looks wonderful! :)

The "photo oils" are specially made to be very transparent, so your photographic image will show right through. Sometimes this is not desirable, if you have a large area with a dark tonal value where you want actual color. They also make "Extra strength" photo oils, which really just have more opacity to them, just for this purpose. You can also add colorless medium for more opacity, but you just lose your photographic detail.

That's why Anja's prints are so amazing - for using straight painter's oils, she does a MASTERFUL job at knowing which details can be more obscured and which a gentler touch is needed. Between that, and the beautiful texture of these prints from the wood, she makes fabulous art! :D

thank you , terri! youre way too nice! -:)

from what i see painter's oils and photo oils are the same, they just put into the 'photo kit' oils which pigments are more transparent, and charge for this kind of kit more, calling it 'special photo oils', ha ha
The transparency in oils doesnt depend on kind of filling, or a medium - it depends on a kind of pigment (chemically), like for example cobalt blue will always be less transparent than ultramarine, no matter what's the name of the colour, or what company makes it.
I always buy colours (paints) 'separately' (not in kit), depending on what i need, and the transparency thing you can always check at the tube - those small white (or sometimes black) dots or squares at the tube - its the transparency of the paint.
The transparency of a paint is important, cause you can use oils like PS' layers thanks to that. It takes alot of patience, but the effect is worth of it i think. Oils used properly can give to your paintings this special 'depth' , which no other paints can give you.
Its not that hard, you just have to get used to it,ha ha
Thank you once again for the nice words, guys!

How did I miss these?!

Anja, these are superb. The mix between the 'old and mysterious' feel of the print and the hand working of the oils make these all unique pieces of art.

I'm in awe :hail:

Outstanding work. I have a bottle of paint-on-emulsion (Liquid Light I think?) that's been sitting in a drawer for almost 2 years now. This inspires me to break it out and have a go (assuming the emulsion is still useable).

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back