Woodland Cemetery

1hdr4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at Woodland Cemetery in Des Moines yesterday and took some shots. Opinions are welcome.

Attachments

• $Woodland 2 Resized.jpg
    $Woodland 2 Resized.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 166
  • $Woodland 4 Resized.jpg
    $Woodland 4 Resized.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
I like a little over cooked, but these are too much for my taste.

I too find the processing a little extreme for my plebian tastes, however that's purely subjective. I would however suggest working harder to keep your camera level and square, especially when shooting subjects with vertical lines, so that you avoid the appearance of things running up (or down) hill.

I suppose I could have made them look more natural, but then if I did that then they'd look like a plain old photograph and I consider that boring. I guess like the other person who replied it's all a matter of taste.

I too find the processing a little extreme for my plebian tastes, however that's purely subjective. I would however suggest working harder to keep your camera level and square, especially when shooting subjects with vertical lines, so that you avoid the appearance of things running up (or down) hill.

Thanks for the tip. Again I have to say that "natural" is boring. There are those of us who wish to experiment and do something different for a change instead of shooting & processing the same old hum-drum photos. But as for you & the other replier, I respect your opinion and appreciate you writing in.

I suppose I could have made them look more natural, but then if I did that then they'd look like a plain old photograph and I consider that boring. I guess like the other person who replied it's all a matter of taste.

I think there's a fine line between looking natural and looking haphazard.

Sure, rules are made to be broken but, sometimes, breaking them doesn't benefit the photo. Personally, I think that's what happened here. The horizon's not level and, as a result, it gives the impression that you simply overlooked that aspect of the shot, and not that you were trying to avoid something that's "boring".

As for the processing, I dig it...

Sure, rules are made to be broken but, sometimes, breaking
them doesn't benefit the photo. Personally, I think that's what happened here. The horizon's not level and, as a result, it gives the impression that you simply overlooked that aspect of the shot, and not that you were trying to avoid something that's "boring".

Well nobody's perfect but I still stand on my feeling about the processing part of my shots and I still feel that with some shots, they can be "boring". Again it's all a matter of taste but at least you do approve of how I processed the shot so not everybody hates it.

Sure, rules are made to be broken but, sometimes, breaking
them doesn't benefit the photo. Personally, I think that's what happened here. The horizon's not level and, as a result, it gives the impression that you simply overlooked that aspect of the shot, and not that you were trying to avoid something that's "boring".

Well nobody's perfect but I still stand on my feeling about the processing part of my shots and I still feel that with some shots, they can be "boring". Again it's all a matter of taste but at least you do approve of how I processed the shot so not everybody hates it.

I don't think anyone "hates" it, per se. The amount of processing you've done, though, certainly isn't what everyone wants to see.

As for how level the shot is, right now it doesn't look like you were trying to do something different or "not boring", only because the amount by which they're not level isn't really enough to suggest you were trying to do something different. It's subtle enough that it just looks like a mistake.z

I would say either straighten them, or go completely off the reservation with them and, instead of leaving them not level, slant the Hell out of them...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back