Woodpecker, Kite, Osprey, and Vulture

Molldan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a Pileated Woodpecker, some type of Kite, Osprey of course, and an ugly vulture. I see these Woodpeckers around, but they are very hard to take a picture of, they just don't like people. I have seen these Kites every now and then, but finally got close enough for a picture today. Of course I have my Osprey, and I had to put one in of an ugly vulture.
Enjoy.

1. $woodpecker2a.jpg
2.$kite2_filtered.jpg
3.$osp9_filtered.jpg
4.$osp17_filtered.jpg
5.$Vulturea.jpg

#1 is my favorite! All of them are very sharp, but I almost wish that 2-4 were as close as 1 is. That way I could see more of the detail in the birds. :)
Good shots though!

Thank you, I wish I was that close to. I am surprised how close I got to the woodpecker before he realized I was there. The osprey nest is on a private land with no trespassing signs so I can't get closer to it. I wish I could get on that land because there is a lake there farther away that I seen 3 eagles there today playing around.

Thank you, I wish I was that close to. I am surprised how close I got to the woodpecker before he realized I was there. The osprey nest is on a private land with no trespassing signs so I can't get closer to it. I wish I could get on that land because there is a lake there farther away that I seen 3 eagles there today playing around.
Is there a way to make it closer with your editing software?
I totally understand! I love shooting birds and it's hard to get close to them before they fly away, or they are in unreachable spots! Great shots though, don't feel bad! :)

Most reactions

Back