Woodsac got me addicted to HDR!

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Noooooo!!!!

Well, here's my first (and best) attempt. It sure is frustrating, but it pays off. It's very abstract.

This is my roommate Jeremy taken from 6 exposures:

CoLORHDR_SMALL.jpg

hdrtest_SHOW.jpg

Yeah, but seeing as that's a PS action, HDR doesn't really qualify as a alternative process - that's confined to analog based photography.

I'll move this thread to the General gallery for you, where I'm sure it will get more views. :)

Gotta watch out for Woodsac, now - or he'll have you addicted to the Dark Side gallery, too! ;)

It's pretty cool.

I have a question tho

Since HDR involves taking several pictures... how do you do it to something that is going to move? Like the person.

He is probably using the Raw file and then creating multiple exposures from that file. Thats at least what I do.

I prefer the first one. With HDR, things look plastic or cartoony if overdone. The second one looks a little plastic to me. I think mainly because it lost some of the depth and detail shadows that the first one has. Nice job none-the-less.

I took 6 different exposures, 6 different shots. This was all from different files. I just told my roommate to sit in the mose comfortable position where he could still stay still so everything would line up. Yeah, i took abou t a couple dozen more shots that don't work at all.

I haven't played with it before but my camera has a feature called auto-bracketing which takes 3 different pictures - one under-exposed, one with normal exposure, and one over-exposed. It's possible you have this feature too depending on your camera.

Nice shot. :)

Oh yeah, the d70 gives a ton of options for bracketing, I just wanted less of a difference between each exposure to make sure I covered the entire range.

:clap:

Good job. Of course I like it :)

I think I prefer the b/w. What I like about hdr is that it does let us push the limits. A lot of people say 'that's not what your eye really sees'. Ya, well, neither are most standard exposures. My eye sees 1000 times more than my lens!

My only suggestion for this one is to do a levels layer, and push the blacks a little bit. HDR tends to almost eliminate deep blacks sometimes. I'll be looking for more!

Thanks, and after a few failed attempts, i took the color versions into photoshop and THEN edited the color, saturation, etc in photoshop because photomatix doesn't give the user enough control in my opinion.

I agree with the HDR concept too. I don't want to do an HDR to be accurate, I want to do an HDR to be over the top! If I want to be accurate, a merged photo is enough.

If I have time tomorrow I might see what else I can do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back