Wooohoooo!!! I finally got one...lol

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to try these for a while and I finally got it working......=)
This is just one I edited quickly, I'm sure there will be more to come as I get better at it! =)
6705952899_a01c1bb560_b.jpg

COOL! Nice shot! What were you using for the drip mechanism? I need to get back and try this again.... :)

Balls were tripped

Nice catch.
Angle and background are not ideal.
There are an aweful lot of highlights back there......I understand that at this point you are still working on "catching' it....just thoughts for going forward.

I don't really get those drip images but this one is nice because of the shape of the splash :)

And what do you mean "I finally got one"? I seem to remember seeing a couple drips from you before.

And what do you mean "I finally got one"? I seem to remember seeing a couple drips from you before.

I have done water drops before, I just didn't have a system to get collisions......=)
Why do water drops? Because it's cold as **** outside....lol It was also a personal challenge....I'm not a tech type of person.

Nice catch.
Angle and background are not ideal.
What angle would you suggest? Face the camera down harder?
As far as the background goes......I tend to hate to do the same exact shot as the person before me...=) So the background is a little of me taking my own spin on the shot. It might not of worked.....=) lol

What were you using for the drip mechanism? I need to get back and try this again.... :)
I was using The Time Machine. I had to have my hubby help me a little in the beginning because the manual to the kit was like reading something in a different language.....lol

Thanks for the comments!! I can't wait to work w/ my lighting and get some different splashes!! LOTS of room to improve!!!

BTW.....This looked sharp at home......doesn't look it here at work. =( I'll have to look at the shot again.

Do not claim to be an expert....
The shots like this I have seen that looked "great" were typically taken from a lower angle with lighting that really sets off the water drop structure with a non distracting background.

^^^^^ Yeah, I have to work on my light setup. It's not exactly ideal at the moment. I also have to find my gels that I bought before Christmas that have grown feet and walked off......=)
I might have to buy another flash......but we will see.

I like the background, I think it adds something. Very nice shot. I like the color gradient you achieved too.

Nice Work! Still wishing I had the patience (or the equipment) to catch a double like that!

Beautiful capture! I quite like the background, I think it works well with the dark colors and the somewhat chaotic edges of the water drop collision.

Can't wait to try one of these myself one day, but I'm not there yet!

underexposed, oof, unleveled, distracting background and I think you even chopped off a limb. Bin it and start all over. :p

Most reactions

Back