Woot! CS 5.5 Design Premium has arrived! --- And a couple questions

jedirunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a buddy at Adobe, and he got me the "friends and family "discount for CS5.5 Design Premium. I'm so excited to get it installed! Woohoo!
I already had LightRoom, so now I have:

PhotoShop for my photo editing
Illustrator for my web site and iOS app graphics
InDesign for my fun play time
Flash Pro for some of my programming

I'm an excited man. :)

So now for the questions:
1- I've never gotten into Bridge. How does it fit into your workflow?
2- Same thing for Device central. What do you do with that one?

Thanks!

Kevin

I usually work with Bridge, but as far as I know it is a smaller substitute for Lightroom without editing capabilities.
I've never used Device Central, I actually find it annoying because the 'Open in Device Central' is just below the 'Open in ACR' so if I misclick it starts opening the Device Central... :p
Might have its uses though.

Judobreaker said:
I usually work with Bridge, but as far as I know it is a smaller substitute for Lightroom without editing capabilities.
I've never used Device Central, I actually find it annoying because the 'Open in Device Central' is just below the 'Open in ACR' so if I misclick it starts opening the Device Central... :p

Bridge does have its own separate copy of ACR - so if all you want to do is process some RAW files - you can without opening photoshop.

Ok then, so it sounds like I can ignore bridge and device central for now (at least for photo workflow) and stick with lightroom and photoshop.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Kevin

LR is quite well linked with PS.
If you export from LR to edit in PS and then save/close, the new psd will have '-edit' appended to the filename and will be included in LR by default.
(if you do a 'same as' with new name, I think you might have to import the new versions of the files

Judobreaker said:

Bridge does have its own separate copy of ACR - so if all you want to do is process some RAW files - you can without opening photoshop.

Yep, and that's why I use it.
I haven't been able to get a decent priced copy of Lightroom yet, but once one shows up I'll probably get it too. I can live without it though so I'm not going to get it if I can't get it without discount. ^^

Most reactions

Back