Work done

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A couple of resting tractors lit by the late afternoon sun, their work among the brussel sprouts done for the day.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/01/working-land.html

Fenland-tractors.jpg

Very nice.

The parts I like about it are how the smaller tractor kind of balances out the picture in an asymetrical way (if that makes sense), the sky's colors, and the textures in the ground.

I kind of wish there was more light on the front of the tractor to make out details (particularly on the bottom half), but that doesn't bother me that much. I still think it's a great shot.

Also, very nice.

The second tractor gives depth to the picture, the near/far effect. It gives you movement in the picture, your eye starts at the first tractor and then moves to the second one. It creates a whole picture. If it was just the one tractor, your eye would stop there and not go any farther into the photo. Movement within a photo is good.

And the colors play off each other well.

I like the post-processing on this one...great colours and textures

Thanks for the comment Plentygood, R-Brian & Antarctican. This shot started a touch sihouette-like, so the question was how much detail to draw out of the front of the big tractor, and how much shadow to leave.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back