Worked with new lighting equipment and a makeup artist

OP
Foxx

Foxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's pretty apparent that short focal lengths, used at close ranges, make the human face look "ungainly".

Woah that is a huge difference. Thanks for the visual!

Here's one more shot from the second session I did yesterday(before I posted here)

tigress_by_matthewfoxxphotos-d5plr9f.jpg

I tried touching it up a bit better. Unfortunately her makeup was more caked than the first model's so I had a hard time :/
I've tried skin softening with an inverted high pass and surface blurs, but I haven't seen great results. cgipson1, what do you do?

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's pretty apparent that short focal lengths, used at close ranges, make the human face look "ungainly".

Woah that is a huge difference. Thanks for the visual!

Here's one more shot from the second session I did yesterday(before I posted here)

I tried touching it up a bit better. Unfortunately her makeup was more caked than the first model's so I had a hard time :/
I've tried skin softening with an inverted high pass and surface blurs, but I haven't seen great results. cgipson1, what do you do?

Foxx.. I start with Imagenomics portraiture.. and go from there. I usually highlight the eyes, and remove any blemishes... not much more than that.

This one is a really good example of how makeup can accentuate barrel distortion.. her nose and the bridge of her nose.. looks a bit large. Do you have any shots of her at 50mm or above?

Last edited:

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Photos OK to edit
I love #3 and #4...wish i knew some make up artists.... or models! I just make my friends model for me and be guinea pigs

Most reactions

ClickASnap