Worked with new lighting equipment and a makeup artist

It's pretty apparent that short focal lengths, used at close ranges, make the human face look "ungainly".

Woah that is a huge difference. Thanks for the visual!

Here's one more shot from the second session I did yesterday(before I posted here)

tigress_by_matthewfoxxphotos-d5plr9f.jpg

I tried touching it up a bit better. Unfortunately her makeup was more caked than the first model's so I had a hard time :/
I've tried skin softening with an inverted high pass and surface blurs, but I haven't seen great results. cgipson1, what do you do?

It's pretty apparent that short focal lengths, used at close ranges, make the human face look "ungainly".

Woah that is a huge difference. Thanks for the visual!

Here's one more shot from the second session I did yesterday(before I posted here)

I tried touching it up a bit better. Unfortunately her makeup was more caked than the first model's so I had a hard time :/
I've tried skin softening with an inverted high pass and surface blurs, but I haven't seen great results. cgipson1, what do you do?

Foxx.. I start with Imagenomics portraiture.. and go from there. I usually highlight the eyes, and remove any blemishes... not much more than that.

This one is a really good example of how makeup can accentuate barrel distortion.. her nose and the bridge of her nose.. looks a bit large. Do you have any shots of her at 50mm or above?

Last edited:
I love #3 and #4...wish i knew some make up artists.... or models! I just make my friends model for me and be guinea pigs

Most reactions

Back